|Hometown:||Clifton Park, N.Y.|
|High School:||Shenendehowa Central|
• Scored 11 points and added a team-high seven rebounds vs. Indiana (1/10)
• Became the sixth different player, and the first freshman, in Maryland history to hit at least seven 3-point shots in a game en route to a career-high 26-point performance against Nebraska (1/1)
• Huerter joined Iowa freshman Jordan Bohannon -- who made seven three-point field goals against Notre Dame earlier this year -- as the lone freshman duo to accomplish this feat in the Big Ten this season
• Posted 10 points against Charlotte (12/20)
• Racked up a career-high 14 points and added four rebounds vs. Saint Peter’s (12/10)
• Grabbed a team-high nine rebounds vs. Pitt (11/29)
• Posted eight points and six rebounds vs. Kansas State (11/26)
• Recorded first career double-double (12 pts, 10 rebs) vs. Richmond (11/25)
• Blocked a career-best three shots and a career-high added two steals vs. Towson (11/20)
• Notched first career double-figure scoring game (11 points) vs. St. Mary’s (MD) (11/17)
• Posted six points and five rebounds and made the win-preserving block at Georgetown (11/15)
• Scored six points and added six rebounds in his collegiate debut vs. American (11/11)
• Alongside fellow rookie Anthony Cowan, became the first freshman duo to start a season opener since Joe Smith and Keith Booth (vs. Georgetown, Nov. 26, 1993).3).
BEFORE MARYLAND: Rated a four-star recruit by ESPN.com and ranked as the 40th best player in the 2016 class … Listed as the top shooting guard in the state of New York by Scout.com … Won a gold medal as a member of the 2016 FIBA Americas U18 Championships...Joined Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon who served as assistant coach on the gold medal team... Had a team-high 14 points to lead Team USA to a win over Chile, 70-50, to advance to the semifinals. In five games, Huerter averaged 6.8 points, 1.6 rebounds and one steal. Played high school basketball at Shenendehowa Central High School … Named New York state "Mr. Basketball" and the New York Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior ... As a junior, helped Shenendehowa secure its first state title since 1987 by scoring 25 points in the championship game en route to being named the NYSPHSAA Championship Most Valuable Player … Named a second team all-state selection and 2015 Suburban Council Player of the Year as a junior … Saratogian Player of the Year (2014-15) … First-team Saratogian all-star as a sophomore … Tabbed NewsChannel 13 high school basketball all-star during his sophomore and junior seasons … Named a top-10 Capital Region boys high school basketball player … played with the AAU program Albany City Rocks in summer of 2015 … Led his AAU team to the prestigious Nike Peach Jam Tournament … Invited to the Nike Skills Academy … Also Invited to the UA Elite Camp...In April 2016, Huerter's high school, Shenendehowa Central High School (Clifton Park, New York) used his likeness for the new school logo. It is Huerter's right arm extended for a one-handed dunk.
PERSONAL: Son of Tom and Erin Huerter… Has one brother, Thomas, Jr., and two sisters - Meghan and Jillian...His father, Tom, led Siena College to its first ever NCAA Tournament appearance in 1989 … helped lead the 14th-seeded Saints to an 80-78 upset win over the third-seeded Stanford Cardinal in the first round in the NCAA Tournament in 1989... Interested in pursuing a degree in business and one day becoming a college basketball coach...starting center fielder on his high school baseball team who captured the state championship his senior year...high school baseball teammate, Ian Anderson, was selected by the Atlanta Braves in the first round (third overall) in the 2016 Major League Baseball Draft...older brother, Thomas Huerter, Jr., is a freshman guard/forward at Siena College...Basketball player he admires most is Klay Thompson...As a senior in high school - he volunteered at Beacon Pointe Memory Care - an assisted living facility in Clifton Park, N.Y.