Nov. 16, 2011
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
AP Photo Gallery
#9 Maryland vs. Towson
Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2011
College Park, Md. (Comcast Center)
FINAL SCORE: No. 9 Maryland 82, Towson 46
Team Records and Series Notes
• Maryland is 12-5 all-time against Towson and is 9-0 at home against the Tigers.
• The Terps have won the last two meetings by a combined score of 154-93, and have won 10 of the last 11 meetings.
• Maryland improved its non-conference home record in Comcast Center to 84-5.
• Up Next: at UMBC, Saturday, Nov. 19 at 7 p.m.
Team Game Notes
• Starting line-up: Anjale Barrett, Alicia DeVaughn, Tianna Hawkins, Laurin Mincy, Alyssa Thomas
• Tonight’s starting line-up has started all three games this season.
• With eight 3-point field goals, Maryland extended its streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 228.
• Maryland’s eight 3-pointers are the most by the team since March 23, 2010, against Providence (8). The last time the Terps hit more than eight came against East Carolina (11) on March 21, 2010.
• Maryland’s 49 first-half points are the most since the Terps scored 50 points against Longwood on Jan. 30, 2011, a span of 13 games.
• Maryland shot 57.9 percent from the field. It was the team’s highest field goal percentage since November, 19, 2009 against Old Dominion (.615).
• The Terps outrebounded the Tigers 48-30. Maryland has won the battle of the boards in all three games this season, and dating back to last year has outrebounded its opponents in 30 of the last 34 games.
Individual Game Notes
• Brene Moseley had a career-high 26 points, 12 points coming from behind the arc, to lead all scorers and added five rebounds and four assists.
• Moseley’s 26 points is the most by a Terrapin freshman since Kristi Toliver’s 28 points against Utah on March 27, 2006.
• Alyssa Thomas finished with 14 points. Dating back to last season, it is Thomas’ 12th straight game with double-digit points and 31st of her career.
• With 14 points tonight, Thomas passed the 500 career-points threshold. Thomas now has 503 career points.
• Laurin Mincy tied career highs in points (15) and assists (4).
• Anjale Barrett scored a season-high 11 points and dished out six assists.