Postgame Notes: Maryland 87, East Carolina 52
March 21, 2010
WNIT Second Round
FINAL SCORE: Maryland 87, East Carolina 52
Team Records and Series Notes
• Head coach Brenda Frese is now 254-102 with a winning percentage of .713. After Sunday's game, she currently stands at 197-72 (.732) at Maryland.
• Maryland outscored the Pirates off turnovers, 23-3, in second chance points, 12-2, fast break points, 10-3, in the paint 24-14 and in bench points, 24-16.
• The Terps beat the Pirates by 35 points. This was their second 35-point victory this season and second highest point total this season as well.
• Maryland outrebounded East Carolina, 55-35.
• Every Maryland player scored in today’s win.
• The Terrapins hit nine three-pointers in the first half – the most this season in one half.
• Senior Lori Bjork has 20 points in Sunday’s win with her 6-for-12 shooting from the field and 4-for-10 shooting from beyond the arc. She was 4-4 from the foul line. Lori grabbed two rebounds, and dished an assist in her 38 minutes on the floor. She has hit multiple three’s in 17 of the last 21 games and has had double-digits in 18 of the last 21.
• Sophomore Kim Rodgers had a career-high 17 points, all in the first half, on her 5-for-9 shooting from outside the arc and 6-for-10 from the field overall. Kim dished a career-high three assists as well and grabbed two rebounds.
• Sophomore Lynetta Kizer added 16 points on her 6-of-11 shooting from the field. She also hit a three and was 3-for-4 from the foul line. She pulled down nine rebounds, dished two assists and had a steal.
• Freshman Dara Taylor grabbed a career-high eight rebounds in Sunday’s game. She added eight points for the terps and was 4-of-14 from the floor.
• Freshman Tianna Hawkins pulled ten rebounds, the 13th time this year she’s grabbed double-digit rebounds. She added six points and had a career-high five blocks.