The Atlantic Coast Conference
The ACC is the strongest league in the country and the Terps have experienced success in the conference for many years. The ACC is the only conference to ever claim three Final Four spots in one year, as Maryland, Duke and North Carolina were all within the last four teams in the 2006 NCAA Tournament.
- 4 ACC Players of the Year
- 7 ACC Rookies of the Year
- 14 First Team All-ACC
- ACC Tournament MVPs
- More nationally televised games than any other conference
- The highest percentage of NCAA Tournament victories
- The only conference to have had three schools in one Final Four
- The league’s women’s basketball programs continue to rank among the best in the country in terms of the postseason tournaments, having made 164 NCAA Tournament appearances. In addition to sending three teams to the same Final Four for the first time in NCAA history, the league has boasted such national accomplishments as sending at least one team to the “Sweet 16” for 24 consecutive seasons and at least one to the Final Four in 11 of the last 24 seasons. The conference has also made 14 trips to the Final Four in the last 31 seasons, with three teams finishing second and North Carolina and Maryland capturing National Championships in 1994 and 2006, respectively.