Some quick hits from Sunday's opener and the week ahead for the defending national champion Terrapins.
- If you were not there to witness it, the squad had a spectacular start to the season at Richmond Sunday. The Terps put on an offensive clinic in the first half, scoring nine of their 18 goals in the first 5:30 of the match. If you did not know any better, you would think Karri Ellen Johnson and Sarah Mollison have played together for 20 years. Their connection must be one of the best in the nation. Congrats to both for landing on the coveted career goals and assists lists, respectively, at Maryland. It's a tough list to crack. It will be very interesting to see where Johnson ends up with nearly two full years remaining. Not to look too much ahead - as head coach Cathy Reese often says, one game at a time!
- The team has another short trip Wednesday, heading just across the state line to Delaware for a non-conference showdown with the Blue Hens. If you are not already doing so, make sure to follow our live blog. Also, feel free to play with the interactive components of it. We had lots of great input at Richmond. If you need a reminder, one is available by clicking here.
- UNC's Corey Donohoe earned the first Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week award, announced Tuesday afternoon. I must say, it was a nice problem to have Monday morning deciding which Terp to nominate. Donohoe scored four goals, including the game-winner, against No. 17 Florida. I have to think if the Terps would have put up the numbers they did against a ranked-foe, the first award of the season would have landed here in College Park. In due time...
- The home opener is right around the corner as No. 1 Maryland welcomes No. 16 Penn State this Sunday at the Field Hockey & Lacrosse Complex for a noon tilt. Make sure to get your tickets by clicking here.
- We have also recently announced our TerpsTV Premium schedule for the upcoming season. With a subscription to TerpsTV Premium, fans can check out Maryland's home contests against Duke (Feb. 26), Syracuse (March 12) and North Carolina (April 9). This is a fantastic service and brings the exciting action from College Park right to your laptop. For more information on how to subscribe to TerpsTV, click here.