All first year student-athletes are required to attend study table a minimum of 8 hours per week. Those student-athletes with less than the required GPA (see chart below) may be required to spend 6 to 10 hours per week in study table. Student-athletes who obtain a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or greater will be exempt from study table. Individual team may have higher GPA standards.
1. A Student-athlete's cumulative grade point average is the indicator for determining the required number of hours. This is a sliding scale. The required number of hours per week of the cycle, based on GPAs are as follows:
0.00 - 2.00 = 10 hours
2.01 - 2.15 = 8 hours
2.16 - 2.30 = 6 hours
2. Hours spent with tutors and in the Intensive Learning Program (ILP) will count towards the required number of hours provided the student-athlete logins in at the front desk during each session.
3. Each student-athlete will be required to complete the same number of study hall hours each week.
4. There are six regular two week cycles and one study hall cycle will be held during the final exam period December 15th through December 20th. Check the calendar for a breakdown of the cycles for the Fall Semester.
5. Should a student-athlete fail to fulfill the requirements for the two-week cycle, the student-athlete will be unable to attend a regularly scheduled practice, chosen by his/her coach.
Questions regarding the study hall policy should be directed to Don Pearman, Associate Director of the ASCDU at 301-314-7042 or email@example.com.
Study Table Conduct Policies
In order to ensure an environment conducive to studying, the following rules must be observed:
1. No food, drink or tobacco products
2. No headphones or cell phones
3. Every time you leave study table, you must sign out
4. Talking will be kept to a minimum
5. Student-athletes must present their student ID cards to study hall and tutor sessions
Any disregard for these rules will result in ejection from study table, and hours for that day are forfeited. The disruptive behavior will be reported to the student-athlete's coach and sport supervisor.
Fall Study Table Structure
From 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday, Study Table will be structured. Each team will be assigned to attend 2-hour blocks of time, on two different nights for study table. All additional hours that a student-athlete must complete have to be completed each week, Sunday through Friday, and prior to 6:00pm.
Spring Study Table Structure
Student-athletes required to attend study hall may meet their required hours during scheduled days and times:
||1:00pm - 7:00pm
|Monday through Thursday
||9:00am - 10:00pm
||9:00am - 3:00pm