COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (15-9, 4-7 B1G) is back at the XFINITY Center to take on Wisconsin (10-14, 3-8 B1G) at 1:00 pm. The game will be broadcast live on CBS.
• Wisconsin holds a 4-7 edge in the all-time series which began in 1931, but the series is knotted 2-2 since Maryland joined the Big Ten. Wisconsin came out ahead in last season’s lone meeting, winning 71-60 in Madison on February 19, 2017.
• Maryland is 5-5 all-time when playing on Super Bowl Sunday. The last time Maryland played on Super Bowl Sunday was on February 7, 2010 when Maryland knocked off North Carolina 92-71 before the New Orleans Saints defeated the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV.
• Freshman Darryl Morsell has become a major factor for Maryland on the boards with the loss of Justin Jackson and Ivan Bender this season, with Morsell averaging 7.3 rebounds over the past seven games. The 6-4 Baltimore, Md. native collected a career-high nine rebounds against Purdue on January 31.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. continues to be the catalyst for Maryland on the offensive end this season, as the Bowie, Md. native has led the Terps in scoring in 18 different games including six of 11 Big Ten contests. Cowan leads Maryland in points per game (16.0), which ranks ninth in the Big Ten. He also leads the Terps in free throw pct. (85.1% - T-5th in B1G), assists per game (5.1 – 4th in B1G) and steals per game (1.5 – T-4th in B1G) while averaging a league-high 36.4 minutes per game.
• Cowan is on pace to play the most minutes per game in a season for a Terrapin since Greivis Vasquez (37.0 – 2007-08) and will likely finish in the top-five in season minutes average at the end of year.
• Sophomore Kevin Huerter has again cracked Maryland’s top-20 in season three-pointers with 62 threes made in 24 games played. Huerter’s freshman total of 65 ranks eighth all-time in Maryland history, and the Clifton Park, N.Y. native is on pace to surpass his mark from last season with seven regular season games remaining. Huerter currently ranks sixth in the B1G three-point field goal percentage (45.6%).
• Anthony Cowan Jr., Kevin Huerter and Bruno Fernando have each posted a double-double for the Terps over the course of the past four games, starting with a 15-point, 10-assist performance from Cowan against Minnesota on January 18. Kevin Huerter then tallied 16 points and a game-high 11 rebounds for his third career double-double when the Terps faced Indiana on January 22. Fernando then posted one of his best games as a Terp against Purdue (1/31), finishing with 20 points and 10 rebounds for his second career double-double.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.