COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (15-8, 4-6 B1G) returns to the court to play its second consecutive top-10 team when the Terps travel to face No. 3 Purdue at Mackey Arena at 8:30 pm. The game will be broadcast live on Big Ten Network.
• Purdue came out ahead when the teams last met on December 1, earning an 80-75 win at the XFINITY Center. The Boilermakers now lead the all-time series 3-2, with all three of their victories coming the past three meetings.
• Freshman Darryl Morsell has become a major factor for Maryland on the boards with the loss of Justin Jackson and Ivan Bender this season, with Morsell averaging 7.0 rebounds over the past six games. The 6-4 Baltimore, Md. native has led UMD in rebounding in four conference games this season, the most of any Terrapin.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. continues to be the catalyst for Maryland on the offensive end this season, as the Bowie, Md. native has led the Terps in scoring in 18 different games including six of 10 Big Ten contests. Cowan leads Maryland in points per game (16.2), which ranks ninth in the Big Ten. He also leads the Terps in free throw pct. (84.7% - T-4th in B1G), assists per game (5.0 – 4th in B1G) and steals per game (1.5 – T-4th in B1G) while averaging a league-high 36.3 minutes per game.
• Cowan is on pace to play the most minutes per game in a season for a Terrapin since Grevis Vasquez (37.0 – 2007-08) and will likely finish in the top-five in season minutes average at the end of year.
• Sophomore Kevin Huerter has again cracked Maryland’s top-20 in season three-pointers with 58 threes made in 23 games played. Huerter’s freshman total of 65 ranks eighth all-time in Maryland history, and the Clifton Park, N.Y. native is on pace to surpass his mark from last season with eight regular season games remaining. Huerter currently ranks sixth in the B1G three-point field goal percentage (46.0%).
• Anthony Cowan Jr. and Kevin Huerter have each posted a double-double for the Terps over the course of the past three games, starting with a 15-point, 10-assist performance from Cowan against Minnesota on January 18. Kevin Huerter then tallied 16 points and a game-high 11 rebounds for his third career double-double when the Terps faced Indiana on January 22.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.