COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (15-7, 4-5 B1G) is back at XFINITY Center to face No. 6 Michigan State (19-3, 7-2 B1G) Sunday at 1:00 pm. The game will be broadcast live on CBS.
• The last time the two teams met a XFINITY Center, Melo Trimble drilled a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left, and Maryland defeated Michigan State 63-60 on Senior Day on March 4, 2017.
• Michigan State sealed a 91-61 win when the teams met earlier this season on January 4, and hold a 5-7 advantage in the all-time series between the two schools.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. and Kevin Huerter have each posted a double-double for the Terps the past two games, starting with a 15-point, 10-assist performance from Cowan against Minnesota on January 18. Kevin Huerter then tallied 16 points and a game-high 11 rebounds for his third career double-double when the Terps faced Indiana on January 22.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. continues to be the catalyst for Maryland on the offensive end this season, as the Bowie, Md. native has led the Terps in scoring in 18 different games including six of nine Big Ten contests. Cowan leads Maryland in points per game (16.4), which ranks eighth in the Big Ten. He also leads the Terps in free throw pct. (84.6% - 3rd in B1G), assists per game (4.8 - T-3rd in B1G) and steals per game (1.6 - 4th in B1G) while averaging a league-high 36.1 minutes per game
• Maryland basketball great Greivis Vásquez is back in College Park for today’s game, with his foundation hosting a notebook drive to provide school supplies for underprivileged youth. Vásquez’s community work in College Park has extended past his playing days in a Terrapin uniform, as the Caracas, Venezuela native has hosted the Back to School Backpack Bash the past four years at the College Park Community Center. The event provides free school supplies and backpacks for children in attendance prior to the start of each school year.
• Head coach Mark Turgeon is currently participating in the Infiniti Coaches Charity Challenge in support of the Alzheimer’s Association – the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Turgeon has a personal connection with Alzheimer’s as his wife, Ann, lost her father, Jon Fowler, to Alzheimer’s in June of 2006 at the age of 68 after being diagnosed with the disease six years prior. To vote, head to ter.ps/EndALZ18.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.