COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (11-3, 1-1) will conclude its non-conference schedule Friday when the Terps host the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) at 8:00 pm. The game will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1 (FS1).
• The two schools will play for the first time since Maryland won 106-60 back on Dec. 23, 2002 and reignite a head-to-head series that dates back to 1987. Maryland has won all 13 meetings in the all-time series.
• Turgeon is just one win away from 400 career wins as a Division I coach and 150 wins as the head coach at Maryland. Turgeon began his head coaching career at Jacksonville State in 1998, where he won 25 games, before winning 128 games at Wichita State (2000-07) and 97 games at Texas A&M (2007-2011).
• Mark Turgeon is 39-6 in the month of December since his first season at the helm at Maryland in 2011-12. Turgeon is also 30-3 in home games during that stretch.
• Kevin Huerter had a career day against Fairleigh Dickinson on Dec. 21, finishing with career highs in both rebounds (15) and assists (8) in the 75-50 victory. Huerter finished just two assists shy of a triple double and became the first Terp with at least 15 rebounds in a game since Charles Mitchell posted 15 vs. Clemson on March 2, 2014.
• Jared Nickens has now moved into 10th in Maryland history in career three-pointers with 159 as a Terp. Nickens passed Maryland great Walt Williams (154) against Catholic on Dec. 12, and now sits 17 three pointers away from tying Drew Nicholas (176) for ninth.
• Maryland is currently shooting 49.9% from the floor this season, which ranks third in the Big Ten and 30th in the country. The Terps are also third in the conference in three-point field percentage (39.3%) connecting on 114 of 290 attempts.
• Maryland has out-rebounded 13 of its 14 opponents this season, averaging 39.5 rebounds per game. Maryland’s rebounding margin of +10.6 ranks sixth in the nation (as of 12/23), while the Terps are holding opponents to 37.9% shooting (19th in the nation).
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.