COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (10-3, 1-1) will continue its stretch of five straight non-conference home games in the month of December Thursday when the Terps host Fairleigh Dickinson (3-7) at 7:00 pm. Maryland will then enter an eight-day hiatus until the team returns to competition against UMBC on Dec. 29. The game will be televised via ESPNU.
• Maryland has never lost in the all-time series between the two schools, holding a 6-0 advantage over the Knights. Maryland earned a 111-85 victory when the teams last met on November 18, 2005.
• Mark Turgeon is 38-6 in the month of December since his first season at the helm at Maryland in 2011-12. Turgeon is also 29-3 in home games during that stretch.
• Turgeon is just two wins away from 400 career wins as a Division I coach and 150 wins as the head coach at Maryland. Turgeon began his head coaching career at Jacksonville State in 1998, where he won 25 games, before winning 128 games at Wichita State (2000-07) and 97 games at Texas A&M (2007-2011).
• Maryland is currently shooting 50% from the floor this season, which ranks first in the Big Ten and 24th in the country. The Terps are also second in the conference in three-point field percentage (39%) connecting on 107 of 270 attempts.
• The Terrapins have improved in sharing the basketball since its first round game at the Emerald Coast Classic, totaling 119 assists on 192 baskets their last seven games.
• Michal Cekovsky has been a model of efficiency this season, shooting 75.0% from the field (33-for-45) through 13 games. Cekovsky has finished in double figures three times this season, and has been Maryland’s top rebounder in two of the past five games.
• Maryland has out-rebounded 12 of its 13 opponents this season, averaging 39.5 rebounds per game. Maryland’s rebounding margin of +10.6 ranks ninth in the nation (as of 12/16), while the Terps are holding opponents to 39.2% shooting.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.