COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (9-3, 1-1) will continue its stretch of five straight non-conference home games in the month of December Tuesday when the Terps host Catholic (2-4) at 7:00 pm. This will be Maryland’s final game before having nine days off until the Terps return to action on Dec. 21 vs. Fairleigh Dickinson. The game will be streamed via BTN Plus.
• The two schools will resume a storied series history Tuesday, with Maryland holding a 12-10 advantage in the head-to-head series. The teams played during Maryland’s first varsity season in 1910-11, and Maryland won the last matchup between the two schools 113-79 back on December 10, 1978.
• Mark Turgeon is 37-6 in the month of December since his first season at the helm at Maryland in 2011-12. Turgeon is also 28-3 in home games during that stretch.
• Maryland is currently shooting 50% from the floor this season, which ranks first in the Big Ten and 28th in the country. The Terps are also second in the conference in three-point field percentage (39%) connecting on 96 of 246 attempts.
• The Terrapins have improved in sharing the basketball since its first round game at the Emerald Coast Classic, totaling 101 assists on 166 baskets its last six games.
• Michal Cekovsky made every shot he took, scoring 15 points to go with eight rebounds, and Maryland breezed past Ohio 87-62 Thursday night. Cekovsky has been a model of efficiency this season, shooting 75.0% from the field (30-for-40) through 12 games.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. scored a career-high 27 points, including the game-winning free throw with 0.6 remaining, to lift Maryland past Illinois 92-91 in overtime on Dec. 3 for the team’s first Big Ten win. The Bowie, Md. native has led the Terps is scoring in a team-best eight games this season and holds and average of 15.6 points per game.
• Maryland has out-rebounded 11 of its 12 opponents this season, averaging 39.5 rebounds per game. Maryland’s rebounding margin of +10.9 ranks 8th in the nation (as of 12/11), while the Terps are holding opponents to 39.5% shooting.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.