COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (6-1) will play its first true road game of the season Monday when the Terps face Syracuse (5-0) at the Carrier Dome in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. The Game will be broadcast on ESPN2 at 7:00 pm.
• This will be the eighth all-time meeting between the two schools, and the third trip for Maryland to the Carrier Dome. The Terps lead the all-time series 5-3, while Syracuse has won the past three meetings.
• This will be Maryland’s third game in four days, after going 1-1 at the Emerald Coast Classic Nov. 24-25. After dropping their first game of the season to St. Bonaventure Friday, the Terps bounced back with an 80-65 win over New Mexico on Saturday.
• The game will serve as a pseudo-homecoming for Clifton Park, N.Y. native Kevin Huerter, with a large contingent of family and friends expected to make the trip to watch the sophomore guard. Huerter is second on the team in scoring (10.7), while leading the Terps in assists per game (4.1).
• Freshman Bruno Fernando has been highly efficient from the field so far this season, shooting 29-of-45 (64.4%) through his first seven games. Fernando has thrived as Maryland’s rim protector on the defensive end, finishing with three blocks in four straight games.
• Maryland has out-rebounded every opponent it has played this season, averaging 41.0 rebounds per game. Maryland’s rebounding margin of +14.7 ranks 3rd in the nation (as of 11/26), while the Terps are holding opponents to 36.1% shooting.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. has led the Terps is scoring in six of seven games this season, averaging 15.3 points per game. The Bowie, Md. native had a career day on Nov. 15, finishing with 25 points and 10 rebounds, both career highs, as Maryland used a strong shooting performance to beat Butler 79-65.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.