COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland will play its final game of the Emerald Coast Classic Saturday when the Terps (5-1) take on New Mexico (2-3) at 4:00 pm.The game will be streamed via this link. The game can also be heard live on 1300 AM in Baltimore.
• Maryland will face New Mexico Saturday at 4:00 pm in its final game of the Emerald Coast Classic. • Maryland will face New Mexico Saturday at 4:00 pm in its final game of the Emerald Coast Classic.
• This will be the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
• Maryland has out-rebounded every opponent it has played this season, averaging 41.5 rebounds per game. Maryland’s rebounding margin of +17.2 ranks 2nd in the nation (as of 11/24), while the Terps are holding opponents to 36.6% shooting.
• Freshman Darryl Morsell was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week on November 20 after averaging 14.0 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals the past week to lead Maryland to wins over Butler and Bucknell.
• Freshman Bruno Fernando has been highly efficient from the field so far this season, shooting 27-of-40 (67.5%) through his first six games.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. had 25 points and 10 rebounds, both career highs, and Maryland used a strong shooting performance to beat Butler 79-65 on Nov. 15. He has led the Terps in scoring in five of its six games this season with an average of 14.3 PPG.
• Cowan Jr. became the first Terp to finish with at least 25 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in a game since Greivis Vasquez posted a triple double (35 points, 11 rebounds 10 assists) vs. North Carolina on February 21, 2009.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.