COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland will play its first game of the Emerald Coast Classic in Destin, Fla. vs. the St. Bonaventure Bonnies on Friday, Nov. 24 at 9:30 pm. Maryland will then face either TCU or New Mexico based on Friday's results. The game will be broadcast on the CBS Sports Network.
• This will be the first-ever meeting between the two schools. St. Bonaventure does have a connection to College Park, twice competing at Cole Field House including the 1970 Final Four.
• Maryland has won four consecutive non-conference regular season tournaments dating back to the 2013-14 season. Last season, the Terps captured the Barclay’s Classic title in thrilling fashion, beating Kansas State in the final seconds 69-68 to remain unbeaten at the time.
• Maryland has out-rebounded every opponent it has played this season, averaging 42.6 rebounds per game. Maryland’s rebounding margin of +17.2 ranks 5th in the nation (as of 11/20), while the Terps are holding opponents to 36.3% shooting.
• Freshman Darryl Morsell was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week on November 20 after averaging 14.0 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals the past week to lead Maryland to wins over Butler and Bucknell.
• Freshman Bruno Fernando has been highly efficient from the field so far this season, shooting 25-of-38 (65.8%) through his first five games.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. had 25 points and 10 rebounds, both career highs, and Maryland used a strong shooting performance to beat Butler 79-65 on Nov. 15. He has led the Terps in scoring in four games this season with an average of 14.6 PPG. Additionally, Cowan Jr. has recorded 16 assists to just five turnovers in his past three games vs. Butler, Bucknell and Jackson State.
• Cowan Jr. became the first Terp to finish with at least 25 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in a game since Greivis Vasquez posted a triple double (35 points, 11 rebounds 10 assists) vs. North Carolina on February 21, 2009.
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.