|Hometown:||Upper Marlboro, Md.|
|High School:||Bishop O'Connell|
• Named to Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 for the third consecutive season (1/11)
• One of only seven players (Juan Dixon, Greivis Vasquez, Albert King, Johnny Rhodes, Walt Williams,
and Ernie Graham) to post 1,400 points, 300 assists and 100 steals at Maryland
• Recorded a team-high 18 points vs. Indiana (1/10)
• Notched 13 points, four assists and six rebounds at Michigan (1/7)
• Recorded 20 points against Illinois (12/27)
• Ranks fourth all-time in career made free throws (442)
• Posted 21 points and added three assists and two steals vs. Charlotte (12/20)
• Recorded a game-high 23 points on 6-for-7 shooting vs. Jacksonville State (12/12)
• Hit the game-winning free throws with 9.4 seconds left to defeat Oklahoma State (12/3)
• Also finished with a team-high 13 points and a season-high six assists vs. the Cowboys (12/3)
• Tabbed Big Ten Co-Player of the Week (11/29)
• Named Barclays Classic Most Valuable Player after finishing with a team-high 18 points and drove through the lane connecting on a game-winning layup with 6.6 seconds left in a win over Kansas State (11/26)
• Owns a 28-6 overall record (8-1 in 2016-17) in games decided by six points or less.
• Matched a career-high with 31 points vs. Richmond (11/25)
• Scored 20 or more points eight times this season
• Recorded game-high 21 points - including a 10-11 performance from the charity stripe - against Stony Brook (11/22)
• Posted a game-high 27 points, including a 16-for-17 showing from the free throw line, vs. Towson (11/20)
• Led the team in scoring (27), rebounds (6) and assists (4) vs. Towson (11/20)
• Recorded a game-high 22 points vs. Georgetown (11/15)
• Tabbed to Wooden Award Watch List (11/15)
• Scored a game-high 22 points in a season-opening win over American (11/11)
• Named to Preseason All-Big Ten Team
• Bob Cousy Award Watch List for third straight season
• Tabbed to Lute Olson National Player of the Year Watch List
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015-16): Associated Press Honorable Mention All-American...Second Team All-Big Ten selection; Second Team Associated Press All-B1G pick...USBWA All-District III Team...helped lead Maryland to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2003...guided Maryland to back-to-back 27-plus win seasons for the first time in program history...one of only two players in Maryland history to record 500 points in each of their first two seasons, joining former Naismith Player of the Year Joe Smith...led the Terps in scoring (14.8 ppg), assists (5.0 apg), free throw percentage (.868) and steals (44)...recorded 17 points against Kansas in the Sweet 16 (3/24)...had 24 points and eight boards against Hawaii in the NCAA Second Round (3/20); went 13-for-14 from FT line...13 free throws made against Hawaii are the second most for a Terrapin in NCAA Tournament play...second in NCAA Tournament career free throw percentage (.909) in Maryland history...recorded 19 points against South Dakota State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament (3/18)...one of only six players in program history to go perfect from the charity stripe in a single NCAA Tournament game (9-for-9 vs. South Dakota State)...posted 16 points, eight assists and six rebounds vs. Nebraska in the B1G quarterfinals (3/11)...Wooden Award National Ballot (3/5) and one of 10 finalists for Bob Cousy Award (2/1)...second in the B1G in FT pct (86.1), fifth in assists (5.2 apg), tied for fourth in steals (1.4 spg) and 15th in scoring (14.3 ppg) during the regular season...notched his 1,000th career point at Indiana (3/6)...scored a game-high 20 points in back-to-back games at Ohio State (1/31) and Nebraska (2/3)...scored 24 points and added seven rebounds and three assists at No. 10 Michigan State (1/23)...Oscar Robertson Trophy Midseason Watch List (1/25)...Lute Olson Award Midseason Watch List (1/7)...connected on a game-winning three-pointer with 1.2 seconds left in a 63-60 win at Wisconsin (1/9) en route to a game-high 21 points...recorded 24 points, eight rebounds and eight assists at Northwestern (1/2)...named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week (12/14) - the second such honor in his career...season-high 25 points, including a 14-for-15 showing at the free throw line, vs. UConn (12/8)...game-high 23 points and added career-best 12 assists at No. 9 North Carolina (12/1)...Most Valuable Player of the Cancun Challenge...scored a game-high 24 points and attempted a career-high 18 free throws vs. Georgetown (11/17)...Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year...named to the USA Pan American Games team, becoming the third Maryland player to appear at the competition after James Gist (2007) and Walt Williams (1991)...tabbed second-team All-American by Sports Illustrated...ranked the fourth-best player in the nation according to ESPN’s 26 member panel...ranked as the No. 7 best player in the nation according to CBS Sports and NBC Sports College Basketball Talk
AS A FRESHMAN (2014-15): Named to the USA Pan American Games team, becoming the third Maryland player to appear at the competition after James Gist (2007) and Walt Williams (1991)...started in all 35 games, posting a team-high 16.2 points per game, 106 assists and 44 steals…First Team All-Big Ten (media), Second Team All-Big Ten (coaches), Big Ten All-Freshman Team…ECAC Rookie of the Year…Sporting News Second Team All-American and USBWA Freshman All-American…Bleacher Report All-Big Ten First Team and also earned USBWA All-District Team honors…tagged Wayman Tisdale Award finalist (3/2)…named Bob Cousy Award Watch List Finalist (2/20)…averaged a team-high 33.5 minutes per game…his 568 points rank second behind Joe Smith on Maryland’s freshman single-season scoring list…notched a double-double in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, posting 14 points and 10 rebounds…averaged 19.5 points in two games in the Big Ten Tournament, going .480 from the field and .500 from beyond the arc…fourth in the nation in free throws made (207)…ranked seventh in the Big Ten in points per game, averaging 16.2 points per game…first in the Big Ten in free throw percentage (.863)… recorded team-high 21 points and added four assists at Nebraska (3/8)….scored a game-high 19 points against Michigan (2/28)…led team in in double-figure scoring games (32) and 20-point games (10)…scored 20 points - including a 12-for-12 showing from the charity stripe - and added six rebounds and four assists at Penn State (2/14)…posted game-high 18 points and added five rebounds vs. Indiana (2/11)…tallied a game-high 20 points at Iowa (2/9)…recorded a career-high eight assists against Penn State (2/4)…posted 27 points on a career-high 18 attempts and added a career-high four steals vs. Northwestern (1/25)…named to Dick Vitale’s Midseason All-American Third Team (1/31)…named to USBWA Oscar Robertson Midseason Watch List (1/23)…one of five freshmen selected for the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 (1/14)…recorded a game-high 24 points - including a career-best six three-pointers - vs. Michigan State (1/17)…led team in points (17), rebounds (5) and assists (4) at Illinois (1/7)…notched a team-high 17 points, including a 12-for-14 mark from the charity stripe, at Michigan State (12/30)…recorded a game-high 17 points, including a career-high five three-pointers (5-for-6) against Oakland (12/27)…tabbed Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week (12/15)…recorded first career double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds vs. USC Upstate (12/13)…tabbed Big Ten co-Player and Freshman of the Week (12/1)…first freshman to earn player of the week honors since Jared Sullinger in 2011…Most Valuable Player of the CBE Classic, averaging 21 points, three rebounds and two assists in a pair of wins over Arizona State and No. 13 Iowa State at the CBE Classic…scored a career-high 31 points against Arizona State (11/24), the highest mark for a Maryland freshman since Joe Smith’s 33-point outing vs. Rider in 1993…went 13-for-14 from the free throw line against Arizona State (11/24) and Monmouth (11/28)…scored team-high 16 points, including a 12-for-14 performance from the free throw line, vs. No. 7 Virginia (12/3).
BEFORE MARYLAND: 29th ranked player nationally and 7th best shooting guard according to ESPN.com...number one player in the state of Maryland...McDonald's All-American...2014 Washington Post All-Metro Player of the Year...averaged 23.1 points, including a school-record 47 points in one win as a senior...had 35 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in his final high school game...named WCAC and Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association Division I player of the year as a senior...2013 Washington Post First Team All-Metro...averaged 20.8 points as a junior and was named WCAC and Alhambra Invitational tournaments MVP for the top-ranked Knights.
PERSONAL: Full name is Romelo Delante Trimble, born in Washington, D.C...Has one older brother, Aaron, and one younger sister, Taylor...Major is American Studies...Came to Maryland to play for head coach Mark Turgeon...Interested in pursuing a career in sports broadcasting.