COLLEGE PARK, Md. - The Maryland gymnastics team hosts Rutgers, William & Mary and Brown for a quad meet this Sunday at 1 p.m. The Terps face their fifth Big Ten competitor while hosting their first quad meet of the season.
The meet will be streamed live on BTN Plus. Live results will be available here.
- Sunday is a blackout meet, so fans in attendance are encouraged to wear black. Students can enter to win two tickets to Marvel’s new superhero movie, Black Panther.
- The Terps will host an autograph session for fans following the meet in Heritage Hall. Before the meet, fans are encouraged to make posters to cheer on the GymTerps. They can take pictures with their posters and submit them via Twitter where a winner will be chosen and given a prize pack.
LAST TIME OUT
- Ranked seventh in the Big Ten, the Maryland women's gymnastics team posted season high scores on uneven bars (49.075) and vault (49.150), but fell 196.875-195.050 to No.7 Michigan.
- Sophomore Alecia Farina led the team on bars and floor, earning the Terps a pair of 9.875s to finish third in the all-around (39.350) followed by fellow sophomore Kirsten Peterman (39.150).
- Freshman Audrey Barber finished third on vault, setting a career-high score of 9.875.
SCOUTING THE BROWN BEARS
- The Bears placed second in a tri meet against University of Bridgeport and Rhode Island College with a team score of 190.900.
- Freshman Kate Nelson won the bars title (9.825) and senior Regan Butchness claimed the beam title (9.800) in their home opener.
SCOUTING THE RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS
- Rutgers, currently ranking 10th in the Big Ten, scored a 194.800, placing second in a quad meet with Ohio State, West Chester and Wisconsin-Whitewater, registering season-best marks on beam (48.825) and uneven bars (48.425).
- Senior Makenzey Shank placed first on beam with a 9.850.
- The Scarlet Knights have topped the Terrapins in each of the last two Big Ten Championships.
SCOUTING THE WILLIAM & MARY TRIBE
- The Tribe recently placed third in a quad met with George Washington, Kent State, And UW-Oshkosh, posting an overall team score of 193.225.
- William & Mary average a 193.263 in their last two meets.
- Freshman Katie Waldman recorded the team’s top score on vault (9.750) and beam (9.725).
- For complete rankings, visit roadtonationals.com.
BARBER, FARINA NAMED B1G GYMNASTS TO WATCH
- Sophomore Alecia Farina and freshman Audrey Barber were selected as Maryland's Gymnasts to Watch, as announced by the Big Ten Thursday.
- Farina is a returning all-around competitor who had a standout freshman season in 2017. One of Maryland's most well-rounded gymnasts as just a freshman last year, Farina holds a career-high 9.925 on floor and 9.900 on bars. She also holds a 9.850 personal best on vault and 9.800 on bars. The Broadview Heights, Ohio, native posted a 39.225 high score in the all-around in 2017.
- Barber is a member of one of the program’s top recruiting classes. She placed third at on vault, fourth on beam, 12th on floor and fourth in the all-around at the 2016 Junior Olympics and was also a three-time Junior Olympic national qualifier. Barber was named the 2016 Regional All-Around Champion and selected to the Region 7 All-Star team to compete in Germany.
- The Terps were selected to finish ninth in the annual Big Ten Coaches' Poll.