COLLEGE PARK, Md. - The Maryland gymnastics team travels to Piscataway, N.J., to compete in the Big Ten Championships this Saturday at noon. The Terps will face Michigan State, Minnesota and host Rutgers in the afternoon session.
• Both sessions of the championship will air on the Big Ten Network.
last time out
• Freshman Alecia Farina placed third in the all-around with a 38.825 as the Maryland gymnastics team competed in the Big Five meet Saturday. The Terps posted a 193.375 and placed fifth.
brauckmuller named all-big ten
• Senior Emily Brauckmuller was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team, as announced by the conference Monday.
• Brauckmuller is tied for 12th in the Big Ten with an RQS of 9.865 on floor. She has stepped us as the Terps' anchor on the event, and has earned a 9.800 or higher in all 12 meets this season.
• A native of Auburndale, Fla., Brauckmuller posted a career-high 9.900 against Michigan on Feb. 5. She has tallied a score of 9.850 or higher in seven of the team's last eight meets.
in the rankings
• Maryland is currently No. 34 with an Regional Qualifying Score of 195.410.
• The Terps are 32nd on floor with a 49.040 and 35rd on bars with a 48.930. For complete rankings, as well as an explanation of RQS, visit roadtonationals.com.
no fall february
• The Terps hit a groove midway through the 2017 slate.
• Maryland posted over a 195 in seven straight meets, and the GymTerps didn't counted a fall in that span. In Maryland’s last meet on March 1, the team posted a season-high 195.800.
• Against then-No. 7 Michigan on Feb. 5, Maryland broke through, posting a season-high 195.625 and tallying season-highs on bars (49.150). Maryland went down to the wire with then-No. 9 Kentucky and posted season highs on vault on Feb. 19.
• The Terps won both the Rutgers quad meet and the Pink Invitational in the span.
• At the Pink Invitational, the Terps scored a 49.450 on floor, which tied for the third highest floor score in program history.
faller leads terps on vault
• Senior Sarah Faller has stepped up as Maryland’s leader on vault, anchoring the lineup.
• Faller has tallied a 9.750 or higher in all but two meet this season on the event, including five 9.800s or higher. The senior holds a 9.805 RQS.
brauckmuller becomes beast on floor
• Senior Emily Brauckmuller has become Maryland’s anchor this season on floor.
• Brauckmuller has tallied a 9.800 or higher in every meet this year on floor. She set a career-high with a 9.900 against Michigan.
farina steps up in freshman season
• As just a freshman, Alecia Farina has stepped into the Maryland lineups on vault, bars and floor and become one of the Terps’ top performers.
• Farina has scored a 9.725 or higher on vault in 11 meets, a 9.800 or higher on bars in eight meets and a 9.800 or higher on floor in 10 straight meets. She entered the beam lineup last month and posted 9.800s in the last two meets.
• The Broadview Heights, Ohio native holds a season-high 9.775 on vault, a 9.900 on bars, a 9.800 on beam, a 9.925 on floor and a 39.225 in the all-around.
sophomores solid for gymterps
• Maryland’s sophomore class has been competing consistently in its season in College Park.
• Shynelle Agaran tallied a season-high 9.850 on bars against Michigan and has posted a 9.750 or higher in nine meets.
• Amanda Bertorello has been a regular in the Maryland lineups on bars, beam and floor. She has scored a 9.700 or higher on floor in all but one meet, including a career-high 9.900 on Feb. 24. Bertorello scored a career-high 9.750 on beam in the Rutgers quad meet. She has scored a 9.700 or higher in five meets on vault, including a career-high 9.775 vs. Michigan.
• Megan McClelland has seen time in the bars lineup this season and has been a mainstay in the floor lineup. She has posted a 9.700 or higher on floor in six of the last seven meets.
• Maryland welcomed one of the top freshman classes in program history this season, and the newest Terps have made an immediate impact.
• Five freshmen have found their way into the Maryland lineup this season. Alecia Farina, Kirsten Peterman and Deanna Magro have competed in every meet this season while Morgan Bixler and Emma Johnson have also seen time for the Terps.
• Ten of Maryland's 17 gymnasts are underclassmen.
from canada to college park
• Freshman Kirsten Peterman brings extensive international experience to the Terps as she’s been a member of the Canadian national team since 2012 and the senior national team since 2014.
• Peterman was one of 11 gymnasts selected to compete in the Gymnastics Canada Rio Selection camp ahead of the 2016 Summer Olympics.
• She helped lead Canada to a second-place finish at the 2016 Pacific Rim Championships and placed second in the all-around.
TERPS TO APPEAR ON BTN THREE TIMES
• The Maryland gymnastics team will be featured on the Big Ten Network three times this season.
• The Terps' meet vs. Michigan in the XFINITY Center on Sunday, Feb. 5 will be aired live on BTN Plus at noon. Fans can catch a replay of the meet at 4 p.m. on the Big Ten Network.
• Maryland will compete in one of two Big 5 meets at Illinois on Saturday, March 11. The meet will be aired live on BTN at 3 p.m.
• Both sessions of the Big Ten Championships will be aired live on BTN. The first session will take place at noon while the second session will be at 5 p.m.
• All Maryland home meets will be featured on BTN Plus.