The University of Maryland is served by three major airports--Reagan Washington National (DCA), Baltimore-Washington International (BWI), and Washington Dulles (IAD). Following are suggestions for travel to campus from these airport locations.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- From the Lower Level roadway (outside Concourse A/B or outside the International Terminal), take the BWI Express Bus B-30 (which runs every 40 minutes) to the Greenbelt Metro Station, take the Green Line and get off on the first stop at College Park. Approximate cost is $9.
- Taxi service from the airport to campus will cost approximately $65.00.
Reagan Washington National (DCA)
- Located in Arlington, Virginia, this airport is located about 15 miles south of College Park. Travel can be slow through downtown Washington, D.C. during rush hours; approximate driving time is 40 minutes.
- You can take the Metrorail from the airport. Take the Yellow Line (toward Mt. Vernon Square), transferring to the Green Line (toward Greenbelt), and get off at College Park/U of MD station. Follow remaining directions above under Travel by Train.
- Taxi service from the airport to campus will cost approximately $40.00.
Washington Dulles International (IAD)
- Located near Herndon, Virginia, this airport is about 35 miles southwest of College Park. Driving time is approximately one hour.
- Bus service is available to take you to the West Falls Church Metrorail station where you will take the Orange Line (toward New Carrollton), transferring to the Green Line (toward Greenbelt), and get off at College Park/U of MD station. Follow remaining directions above under Travel by Train.
- Taxi service from the airport to campus will cost approximately $55.00.
Major Domestic Airlines
American Airlines - 800-433-7300
Continental Airlines - 800-231-0856
Delta Air Lines - 800-221-1212
jetBlue - 800-538-2583
Midwest Express Airlines - 800-452-2022
Southwest Airlines - 800-435-9792
United Airlines - 800-241-6522
US Airways - 800-428-4322
umterps.com Travel Partners