COLLEGE PARK, Md. -
James Madison (14-26) at Maryland (25-18)
Tues., April 29 (4 p.m.)
Probable Pitching Matchup
UMD - R So. LHP Zach Morris (2-0, 2.31 ERA) vs. JMU - Jr. RHP Patrick Toohers (0-4, 6.61 ERA)
- Maryland enters Tuesday's contest against the Dukes having won 16-of-20 non-conference games and have an 11-1 record at home this season.
- Zach Morris will be making his fourth start of the season Tuesday. Last time out, Morris allowed two runs on five hits over five innings in the Terps' 13-4 win over George Mason. Morris is holding opposing batters to a .241 average and has not surrendered more than two runs in each of his three previous starts.
- Second baseman Brandon Lowe enters the weekend leading the team in hitting (.336) and ranks third in the ACC. His .451 OBP also leads the team and ranks sixth in the ACC. Lowe has 10 multi-hit games this season and five multi-RBI games.
- In 20 non-conference games, Blake Schmit leads the team with 24 hits and is batting a team-high .369. Of Schmit's 24 hits, 10 have gone for extra bases (nine doubles and one triple) resulting a team-best .538 slugging percentage.
- Centerfielder Charlie White leads the ACC in stolen bases with 22. Of his 22 SBs, 16 have come in non-conference action. As a team, the Terps are averaging 2.5 stolen bases per game in non-conference play.
- In Maryland's 13-6 win over JMU on Feb. 25, Maryland had eight doubles, which still stands as the most by an ACC ball club in a single game this season. Extra-base hits account for 27 percent of Maryland's hits in non-conference action this season (49-of-181).
- In three career games against James Madison, Schmit is 9-of-13 (.692) with four doubles, a home run and five RBI. The senior is slugging 1.231 against the Dukes. White, who went 3-for-5 in game one against JMU, is a career .381 hitter against Madison in five career games.
- Freshman Mike Rescigno had a great debut against JMU in Harrisonburg. Rescigno had four hits including two doubles and drove in two runs.
- As a pitching staff, the Terps are holding opposing teams to a .196 batting average and are averaging 9.10 strikeouts-per-nine innings in those games. On the season, Maryland is averaging 8.7 K/9, which is the seventh-highest average nationally.
- Of Maryland's six shutouts this season, a total which ranks second in the ACC, five have come in non-conference action.
- Tuesday is the second and final meeting between the Terps and James Madison this season. Maryland won game one in Harrisonburg, 13-6. Shortstop Blake Schmit had three doubles and three RBI, while Charlie White added three RBI in the win.
- James Madison leads the all-time series against the Terps, 31-25-1. But Maryland has won the last four meetings and three of the last five in College Park including a 10-7 victory last season.
MARYLAND VS. CANCER
- The Maryland baseball team has started its annual fundraiser to raise money for the Vs. Cancer Foundation. Maryland's goal is $20,000. To help the Terps reach their goal, visit maryland.vs.-cancer.org.