• Big Ten All-Freshman Team.
• Sporting News Second Team All-American and USBWA Freshman All-American.
• Bleacher Report All-Big Ten First Team and also earned USBWA All-District Team honors.
• Tagged Wayman Tisdale Award finalist (3/2).
• Named Bob Cousy Award Watch List Finalist (2/20).
• Averaged 19.5 points in two games in the Big Ten Tournament, going .480 from the field and .500 from beyond the arc.
• 43 points shy of Joe Smith’s season scoring record for freshmen (539), three treys shy of freshmen record for single-season three-pointers (56).
• Fourth in the nation in free throws made (190).
• Ranked fifth in the Big Ten in points per game, averaging 16.3 points per game.
• First in the Big Ten in free throw percentage (.865).
• Leads the team in assists (102) and steals (41).
• Recorded team-high 21 points and added four assists at Nebraska (3/8).
• Scored a game-high 19 points against Michigan (2/28).
• Leads team in in double-figure scoring games (30) and 20-point games (10).
• Scored 20 points - including a 12-for-12 showing from the charity stripe - and added six rebounds and four assists at Penn State (2/14).
• Posted game-high 18 points and added five rebounds vs. Indiana (2/11).
• Tallied a game-high 20 points at Iowa (2/9).
• Recorded a career-high eight assists against Penn State (2/4).
• Posted 27 points on a career-high 18 attempts and added a career-high four steals vs. Northwestern (1/25).
• Named to Dick Vitale’s Midseason All-American Third Team (1/31).
• Named to USBWA Oscar Robertson Midseason Watch List (1/23).
• One of five freshmen selected for the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 (1/14).
• Recorded a game-high 24 points - including a career-best six three-pointers - vs. Michigan State (1/17).
• Led team in points (17), rebounds (5) and assists (4) at Illinois (1/7).
• Notched a team-high 17 points, including a 12-for-14 mark from the charity stripe, at Michigan State (12/30).
• Recorded a game-high 17 points, including a career-high five three-pointers (5-for-6)
against Oakland (12/27).
• Tabbed Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week (12/15).
• Recorded first career double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds vs. USC Upstate
• Tabbed Big Ten co-Player and Freshman of the Week (12/1).
• First freshman to earn player of the week honors since Jared Sullinger in 2011.
• Most Valuable Player of the CBE Classic, averaging 21 points, three rebounds and two assists in a pair of wins over Arizona State and No. 13 Iowa State at the CBE Classic.
• Scored a career-high 31 points against Arizona State (11/24), the highest mark for a Maryland freshman since Joe Smith’s 33-point outing vs. Rider in 1993.
• Went 13-for-14 from the free throw line against Arizona State (11/24) and Monmouth (11/28).
• Scored team-high 16 points, including a 12-for-14 performance from the free throw line, vs. No. 7 Virginia (12/3).
BEFORE MARYLAND: 29th ranked player nationally and 7th best shooting guard according to ESPN.com...number one player in the state of Maryland...McDonald's All-American...2014 Washington Post All-Metro Player of the Year...averaged 23.1 points, including a school-record 47 points in one win as a senior...had 35 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in his final high school game...named WCAC and Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association Division I player of the year as a senior...2013 Washington Post First Team All-Metro...averaged 20.8 points as a junior and was named WCAC and Alhambra Invitational tournaments MVP for the top-ranked Knights.
PERSONAL: Full name is Romelo Delante Trimble...parents names are Aaron and Kimberley Trimble...born in Washington, D.C....has one older brother, Aaron, and one younger sister, Taylor...enjoys playing NBA 2K...came to Maryland to play for head coach Mark Turgeon...major is Letters & Sciences.