• Posted 27 points on a career-high 18 attempts and added a career-high four steals vs.
• Named to Dick Vitale’s Midseason All-American Third Team (1/31).
• Named to USBWA Wayne Tisdale and Oscar Robertson Midseason Watch Lists (1/23).
• One of five freshmen selected for the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 (1/14).
• Recorded a game-high 24 points - including a career-best six three-pointers - vs. Michigan State (1/17).
• Led team in points (17), rebounds (5) and assists (4) at Illinois (1/7).
• Posted 20 points and six rebounds in Maryland’s Big Ten home opener against Minnesota (1/3).
• Fourth in the nation in free throws made (134) and 16th in attempts (153).
• Ranked eighth in the Big Ten in points per game, averaging 15.7 through the first 22
• First in the Big Ten in free throw percentage (.876).
• Notched a team-high 17 points, including a 12-for-14 mark from the charity stripe, at Michigan State (12/30).
• Recorded a game-high 17 points, including a career-high five three-pointers (5-for-6)
against Oakland (12/27).
• Tabbed Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week (12/15).
• Tallied 15 points, four assists, four rebound and two steals at Oklahoma State (12/21).
• Recorded first career double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds vs. USC Upstate
• Named to Bob Cousy Watch List.
• Leads the team in assists (62) and steals (32).
• Tabbed Big Ten co-Player and Freshman of the Week (12/1).
• First freshman to earn player of the week honors since Jared Sullinger in 2011.
• Tagged Madness Big Ten Player of the Week (12/1).
• Most Valuable Player of the CBE Classic, averaging 21 points, three rebounds and two assists in a pair of wins over Arizona State and No. 13 Iowa State at the CBE Classic.
• Scored a career-high 31 points against Arizona State (11/24), the highest mark for a Maryland freshman since Joe Smith’s 33-point outing vs. Rider in 1993.
• Notched a career-high seven assists and chipped in with 16 points, five rebounds and two steals vs. Winthrop 12/6).
• Went 13-for-14 from the free throw line against Arizona State (11/24) and Monmouth
• Scored team-high 16 points, including a 12-for-14 performance from the free throw line,
vs. No. 7 Virginia (12/3).
• Recorded a game-high 24 points, including eight straight free throws to seal the win
against Monmouth (11/28).
• Scored 13 points vs. Wagner (11/14) and tallied a career-high nine rebounds against
Central Connecticut State (11/17).
• Posted four assists against CCSU (11/17) and VMI (11/30).
BEFORE MARYLAND: 29th ranked player nationally and 7th best shooting guard according to ESPN.com...number one player in the state of Maryland...McDonald's All-American...2014 Washington Post All-Metro Player of the Year...averaged 23.1 points, including a school-record 47 points in one win as a senior...had 35 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in his final high school game...named WCAC and Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association Division I player of the year as a senior...2013 Washington Post First Team All-Metro...averaged 20.8 points as a junior and was named WCAC and Alhambra Invitational tournaments MVP for the top-ranked Knights.
PERSONAL: Full name is Romelo Delante Trimble...parents names are Aaron and Kimberley Trimble...born in Washington, D.C....has one older brother, Aaron, and one younger sister, Taylor...enjoys playing NBA 2K...came to Maryland to play for head coach Mark Turgeon...major is Letters & Sciences.