|Hometown:||Upper Marlboro, Md.|
|High School:||Bishop O'Connell|
• Scored 24 points and added seven rebounds and three assists at No. 10 Michigan State (1/23)
• Oscar Robertson Trophy Midseason Watch List (1/25)
• Scored a game-high 18 points vs. Northwestern (1/19)
• Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 (1/13)
• Lute Olson Award Midseason Watch List (1/7)
• Hit game-winning three-pointer with 1.2 seconds left at Wisconsin (1/9) and finished with 21 points
• Recorded 24 points, eight rebounds and eight assists at Northwestern (1/2)
• Named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week (12/14) - the second such honor in his career
• Season-high 25 points, including a 14-for-15 showing at the free throw line, vs. UConn (12/8)
• Game-high 23 points and added career-best 12 assists at No. 9 North Carolina (12/1)
• Went perfect 7-for-7 from the floor en route to 17 points vs. Rhode Island (11/25)
• Most Valuable Player of the Cancun Challenge
• Scored a game-high 24 points and attempted a career-high 18 free throws vs. Georgetown (11/17)
• Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year
• Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year watch list
• Named to the USA Pan American Games team, becoming the third Maryland player to appear at the competition after James Gist (2007) and Walt Williams (1991)
• Tabbed second-team All-American by Sports Illustrated
• Ranked the fourth-best player in the nation according to ESPN’s 26 member panel
• Ranked as the No. 7 best player in the nation according to CBS Sports and NBC Sports College Basketball Talk
AS A FRESHMAN (2014-15): Named to the USA Pan American Games team, becoming the third Maryland player to appear at the competition after James Gist (2007) and Walt Williams (1991)...started in all 35 games, posting a team-high 16.2 points per game, 106 assists and 44 steals…First Team All-Big Ten (media), Second Team All-Big Ten (coaches), Big Ten All-Freshman Team…ECAC Rookie of the Year…Sporting News Second Team All-American and USBWA Freshman All-American…Bleacher Report All-Big Ten First Team and also earned USBWA All-District Team honors…tagged Wayman Tisdale Award finalist (3/2)…named Bob Cousy Award Watch List Finalist (2/20)…averaged a team-high 33.5 minutes per game…his 568 points rank second behind Joe Smith on Maryland’s freshman single-season scoring list…notched a double-double in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, posting 14 points and 10 rebounds…averaged 19.5 points in two games in the Big Ten Tournament, going .480 from the field and .500 from beyond the arc…fourth in the nation in free throws made (207)…ranked seventh in the Big Ten in points per game, averaging 16.2 points per game…first in the Big Ten in free throw percentage (.863)… recorded team-high 21 points and added four assists at Nebraska (3/8)….scored a game-high 19 points against Michigan (2/28)…led team in in double-figure scoring games (32) and 20-point games (10)…scored 20 points - including a 12-for-12 showing from the charity stripe - and added six rebounds and four assists at Penn State (2/14)…posted game-high 18 points and added five rebounds vs. Indiana (2/11)…tallied a game-high 20 points at Iowa (2/9)…recorded a career-high eight assists against Penn State (2/4)…posted 27 points on a career-high 18 attempts and added a career-high four steals vs. Northwestern (1/25)…named to Dick Vitale’s Midseason All-American Third Team (1/31)…named to USBWA Oscar Robertson Midseason Watch List (1/23)…one of five freshmen selected for the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 (1/14)…recorded a game-high 24 points - including a career-best six three-pointers - vs. Michigan State (1/17)…led team in points (17), rebounds (5) and assists (4) at Illinois (1/7)…notched a team-high 17 points, including a 12-for-14 mark from the charity stripe, at Michigan State (12/30)…recorded a game-high 17 points, including a career-high five three-pointers (5-for-6) against Oakland (12/27)…tabbed Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week (12/15)…recorded first career double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds vs. USC Upstate (12/13)…tabbed Big Ten co-Player and Freshman of the Week (12/1)…first freshman to earn player of the week honors since Jared Sullinger in 2011…Most Valuable Player of the CBE Classic, averaging 21 points, three rebounds and two assists in a pair of wins over Arizona State and No. 13 Iowa State at the CBE Classic…scored a career-high 31 points against Arizona State (11/24), the highest mark for a Maryland freshman since Joe Smith’s 33-point outing vs. Rider in 1993…went 13-for-14 from the free throw line against Arizona State (11/24) and Monmouth (11/28)…scored team-high 16 points, including a 12-for-14 performance from the free throw line, vs. No. 7 Virginia (12/3).
BEFORE MARYLAND: 29th ranked player nationally and 7th best shooting guard according to ESPN.com...number one player in the state of Maryland...McDonald's All-American...2014 Washington Post All-Metro Player of the Year...averaged 23.1 points, including a school-record 47 points in one win as a senior...had 35 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds in his final high school game...named WCAC and Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association Division I player of the year as a senior...2013 Washington Post First Team All-Metro...averaged 20.8 points as a junior and was named WCAC and Alhambra Invitational tournaments MVP for the top-ranked Knights.
PERSONAL: Full name is Romelo Delante Trimble...parents names are Aaron and Kimberley Trimble...born in Washington, D.C....has one older brother, Aaron, and one younger sister, Taylor...enjoys playing NBA 2K...came to Maryland to play for head coach Mark Turgeon...major is Letters & Sciences.