COLLEGE PARK, Md. – In conjunction with the Terrapin men’s basketball game against Oregon State Sunday, Nov. 17, at Comcast Center, the White House has announced the expected attendance of President Barack Obama.
Maryland athletics is excited to showcase our outstanding University and basketball program and are thrilled to host the Commander in Chief. The game will tip off at 6 p.m.
While the majority of the gameday experience will remain unchanged on Sunday, please note that because of the President’s attendance, the University of Maryland is encouraging fans to arrive as early as possible with doors opening at 4 p.m., two hours prior to tip off and parking lots will open at 2 p.m.
Fans should expect additional security measures on Sunday. All persons and vehicles are subject to search upon entering both the parking lots and Comcast Center.
Gates B and D located closest to parking Lot 4B will be open for entrance into the arena until 5 p.m. and will not be available for fans to exit during or at the conclusion of Sunday’s game.
In addition, please be advised of the following parking changes:
- For fans who have Lot 4B parking permit:
- Vehicles parked in Lot 4B will not be allowed to exit until the conclusion of the game and after the President’s motorcade has left campus.
- Parking Lot 4B will be closed beginning at 5 p.m.
- Lot 4B permit holders who expect to arrive later than 5 p.m. or would like to leave the game early are encouraged to park in either Terrapin Trail garage or Lot 9B.
- All Lot 4B parking permits will be honored in any lot for Sunday’s game.
Below is a list of items prohibited in Comcast Center for Sunday’s game:
- Sharp Objects
To purchase tickets, call 1-800-IM-A-TERP or click here.