COLLEGE PARK, Md. -
Maryland (4-2, 0-0 ACC) at James Madison (4-4, 0-0 CAA)
Tues., Feb. 25 (4 p.m.)
Probable Pitching Matchups
So. LHP Jake Drossner (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. R-So. LHP Aaron Hoover (0-1, 6.23 ERA)
- Jake Drossner is scheduled to make his first start of the season and seventh of his career against James Madison on Tuesday. Drossner went 2-0 a season ago with a 6.03 ERA with 25 strikeouts in 37-1/3 innings of work. Last season, two of Drossner's six starts came against the Dukes and he picked up his first career win against JMU on March 19, 2013.
- In a three game sweep of Bryant over the weekend, Maryland held the Bulldogs to two earned runs and shutout Bryant in the first two games of the series. Both games ended 3-0. It is the first time Maryland recorded consecutive shutouts since blanking St. Peter's in both games of a doubleheader on March 14, 2012 (9-0 and 1-0).
- The Terps' pitching staff is holding opponents to a .182 batting average through six games. That mark is the second-best in the ACC behind NC State's .162.
- Anthony Papio continues to lead the ACC in hitting. Papio is batting .563 through six games and has a team-high three multi-hit games. Papio is slugging .813 and has an OBP of .619, both of which lead the club.
- Kevin Mooney picked up his second save of the season in the Terps' 3-0 win in game two of Saturday's doubleheader against Bryant. Mooney's two saves are tied for the most in the ACC.
SCOUTING THE DUKES
- The Dukes split a four-game series with Binghamton over the weekend. JMU lost two of three games to open the season against East Carolina before winning a midweek contest against Longwood.
- JMU has five players hitting over .300 through eight games led by Kevin Husum, who is batting .429. Ty McFarland leads the club in slugging (.800) and home runs (4), and is tied for the team lead in RBI (9).
-Opponents are batting .281 against the Dukes' pitching staff.
- Maryland trails the all-time series with James Madison, 24-31-1.
- The Terps have won three in a row including both meetings last season. Maryland defeated JMU, 10-5, a year ago in Harrisonburg, and won 10-7 in College Park a little less than a month later.