Jan. 24, 2002
FACING THE BISON
* The Maryland wrestling team (4-2, 0-1 ACC) travels to Lewisburg, Pennsylvania for a Sunday afternoon dual match with EIWA opponent Bucknell (1-5) at Davis Gymnasium. The Terps currently hold a two-match winning streak against Bucknell, including their most recent 35-7 victory in College Park last season.
* Sunday's match is the seventh dual meet of the season for Maryland and fourth in a span of two weeks. Following the Bucknell match, coach McHugh's squad will return home for their first home meet of the season against Rutgers Jan. 30th. The Rutgers meet is the beginning of a four match homestand for the Terps.
* Bucknell heads into Sunday coming off two losses to East Stroudsburg and Drexel at a tri meet Jan. 19th. They are led by 184-pounder Brian Neuman with a 14-7 record on the year.
* Junior Jake Stork (Mohrsville, Pa.) improved his dual record to 6-0 Wednesday night with a 16-3 major decision win over George Mason's John Davis. Stork heads into Sunday's meet with the Bison on a six-match winning streak. He has already compiled a career-high 14 pins this season. Stork was named ACC Wrestler of the Week last week.
* Senior Brandon York (Gaitherburg, Md.) captured his team-leading 27th win on the year against George Mason Wednesday night. The win marked his 30th career dual meet victory. The three-time ACC champion has won his last two matches after having his 13-match winning streak broken against Navy last Wednesday. York is 2-0 lifetime against Bucknell wrestlers at 133 pounds. After moving up to 141 pounds, York has not faced any Bison wrestlers this season.
* Guzzio's 6-3 decision over George Mason's Gary DeBrielle Wednesday was the 85th career victory of his Maryland career. He is currently second on the team in pins with six this season.
* The Terps are looking to go 8-1 in non-conference play this season. Wednesday's win was the fourth non-conference victory of the year. Their only out-of conference loss was to Navy on Jan. 16th. Last season, Maryland posted a 4-3 record against non-conference opponents. Bucknell is the sixth of nine non-conference foes the Terps will face this season.
* To date, the ACC boasts a 1-1 mark against Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association teams this season. Bucknell is the second of four EIWA teams Maryland will face this year. The Terps dropped a 24-12 decision to EIWA opponent Navy earlier this season.