March 20, 2002
* This season marks the fourth-consecutive year Maryland has had atleast one wrestler qualify for the NCAA Championships.
* York is competing in his fourth consecutive NCAA Championships after winning his school-record fourth ACC Championship March 9.
* The senior won two matches last year at the national championship tournament, reaching the second round. The co-captain is 2-6 all-time at nationals.
* Stork is competing in his second-straight NCAA Tournament after a runner-up finish in the ACC Tournament.
* Last season at nationals, Stork finished 1-2 reaching the second round in his first appearance in the NCAAs.
* York will face Arizona State's Eric Larkin who enters the tournament as the second seed. That match will be on Thursday. Should York advance he will face the winner of the match between Boise State's Gabe Vigil and Darnell Ruffin of Eastern Michigan.
* Stork's bracket finds him matched up against Eddie Gifford of Fresno State on Thursday. If Stork wins, he will face fourth seeded Jessman Smith from the University of Iowa who received a bye in the first round.
YORK WINS SCHOOL-RECORD FOURTH ACC TITLE, STORK PLACES SECOND
* York became the first ever Maryland wrestler to win four ACC titles in his Terrapin career. He captured his fourth championship March 9 in Raleigh, defeating Virginia's Bob Seidel, 6-2, in the championship round.
* He is Maryland's all-time winningest wrestler, capturing his 139th career victory in the ACC Tournament. He became Maryland's all-time wins leader earlier this season with 130 victories, breaking Steve Peperak's record of 129 wins from 1984-1987. The win gives him 37 for the season, a team-high. The four-time ACC champion has won his last twelve matches after having his 13-match winning streak broken against Navy on Jan. 16th. York was the only regular starter with only one loss during the regular season, sporting a 13-1 dual record He finished with a career dual mark of 38-6.
* Stork finished runner-up in the ACC Tournament loosing to Virginia's Jimi Massey in the finals. The junior lost to Massey for the first time this year after defeating the Virginia wrestler twice earlier this season.
* Earlier in the season, Stork recorded his team-high 15th fall of the season, a new career-high. He now has 45 pins in his Terrapin career. An NCAA qualifier last season, Stork has recorded 12 or more pins in each of his three seasons and one redshirt year.
WRESTLERS PLACE TWO ON ALL-ACC TEAM
* Both York and Stork were named to the 2002 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Team following their performances in the regular season and ACC Tournament. The two Terrapin wrestlers join 20 conference wrestlers to earn All-ACC honors.