COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (19-11, 8-9) will play its final game of the regular season Saturday, February 24 when the Terps host No. 17 Michigan at the XFINITY Center. Maryland is 15-2 in home games this season.
• Michigan squeaked out a 68-67 win when the teams last met on January 15 in Ann Arbor, while Maryland captured a 71-70 victory the last time the teams played at XFINITY Center. Each of the past four meetings between the two schools have been decided by four points or less.
• Maryland will honor its three seniors on Saturday prior to tip to celebrate senior day in their final home game at XFINITY. Sean Obi, Michal Cekovsky and Jared Nickens will be recognized in a pre-game ceremony for their contributions and dedication to the program.
• Former Maryland head coach Charles “Lefty” Driesell has been named a finalist for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as announced on February 17. Driesell won 348 games in 17 seasons at Maryland, and currently ranks 12th among Division I coaches in all-time victories with an overall coaching record of 786-394 (.666).
• Freshman Bruno Fernando earned his second career Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor on February 19 after he averaged 19.5 points, 12.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.5 blocks while shooting 74% from the field as Maryland went 1-1 last week.
• Fernando posted 21 points (tying his career-high), nine rebounds and a career-high five assists in Maryland’s game at Nebraska on February 13. The Luanda, Angola native followed up that performance with a career-high 16 rebounds and game-high 18 points in Maryland’s 61-51 win over Rutgers on February 17.
• Fernando’s dunks again electrified the XFINITY Center on Feb 17, as his inbound alley-oop play earned him the No. 2 spot on ESPN’s SportsCenter Top-10 list. Fernando has also had dunks vs. Iowa (No. 4 – Feb. 7) and Ohio (No. 7 – Dec. 7) appear on the #SCTop10.
• Kevin Huerter Huerter has finished in double figures in 24 consecutive games this season, dating back to his career-high 23-point performance at Syracuse on November 27. It is currently the second longest active streak in the Big Ten.
• Anthony Cowan Jr. continues to be the catalyst for Maryland on the offensive end this season, as the Bowie, Md. native has led the Terps in scoring in 16 different games including eight of 17 Big Ten contests. Cowan Jr. is averaging a team-best 16.8 points per game in Big Ten play, and averages a league-high 37.0 minutes per game while leading the country in minutes played (1109).
• Maryland has outshot every opponent it has faced over the past eight games, including #2 Michigan State and #9 Purdue. The Terps are ranked fourth in the conference in field goal pct. (48.3) and third in three-point field goal pct. (38.3%).
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.