Ann Arbor, Mich. -- The Maryland women's tennis team (9-10, 3-5 B1G) fell to No. 24 Michigan, 4-0, on Saturday.
The Wolverines featured a strong lineup, which included a pair of ranked singles players.
Michigan got the early lead over Maryland, picking up the doubles point behind a pair of wins at second and third singles. Maryland's top doubles team of Ekaterina Tour and Arnelle Sullivan played a 5-5 unfinished match, nearly knocking off Michigan's Fahey and Minor.
The Maize and Blue didn't look back when singles play started, rattling off three-consecutive wins to clinch the match.
Freshman Eva Alexandrova took a set against No. 28 Kate Fahey at first singles, but ultimately fell in three sets. Fellow freshman Zoe Kulkarni led by a set at fourth singles, but the Wolverines clinched the match victory before Kulkarni could close out a win.
Senior Ekaterina Tour also led in her second set before the Wolverines clinched the victory.
Maryland will be back in action on Sunday, wrapping up its 2018 road schedule with a match at Michigan State. Opening serve is scheduled for noon.
For full results from Maryland's match at No. 24 Michigan, please seee below.
No. 24 Michigan 4, Maryland 0
1. No. 28 Fahey (UM) def. Eva Alexandrova (MD), 6-1, 3-6, 6-0
2. Lommer (UM) vs. Ekaterina Tour (MD), 6-4, 1-4
3. Minor (UM) vs. Katsiaryna Yemelyanenka (MD), 7-6, 4-3 UF
4. Zoe Kulkarni (MD) vs. Jones (UM), 6-3, 3-5 UF
5. Ruder-Hook (UM) def. Anastasiia Gevel (MD), 6-2, 6-2
6. Lorenzini (UM) def. Saya Usui (MD), 6-3, 6-3