MINNEAPOLIS -- Junior Millie Stretton posted two wins but the Maryland women's tennis team (6-6, 0-1 B1G) fell to Minnesota, 6-1.
Stretton claimed a doubles win with partner Eva Alexandrova and followed it up with another win in singles play.
The Gophers got out to a fast start after clinching the doubles point. Maryland's top doubles pair of Eva Alexandrova and Stretton earned their team-best eighth win of the season, but Minnesota claimed wins at second and third doubles to take the first point of the match.
Stretton was also able to pick up her team-best eighth singles win of the season when she won at third singles. She bested Annemarie Emme (Minnesota), 2-6, 7-5, 1-0 (5) to earn the victory.
Maryland will continue its road trip on Sunday with a match at Wisconsin. For full results from Maryland's match against Minnesota, please see below.
- Caroline Ryba (MINN) def. Eva Alexandrova (MD), 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (4)
- Tina Kreinis (MINN) def. Ekaterina Tour (MD), 6-4, 6-1
- Millie Stretton (MD) def. Annemarie Emme (MINN), 2-6, 7-5, 1-0 (5)
- Barbara Mancera (MINN) def. Katsiaryna Yemelyanenka (MD), 7-5, 6-4
- Caitlyn Merzbacher def. Zoe Kulkarni 6-3, 6-3
- Cammy Frei (MINN) def. Saya Usui (MD) 6-2, 6-3