COLLEGE PARK, Md. – The Maryland gymnastics team will honor its seniors and host their second annual Cystic Fibrosis Purple Meet this Friday.
The Terps will welcome Penn, Temple and Yale at 7 p.m. The meet will be live streamed on BTN Plus and live results will be available here.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Terps posted podium finishes on every event to win the Pink Invitational on Friday. The Terrapins scored a 195.150 to beat West Chester (193.300) and Southern Connecticut State (190.725).
- It was the sixth-straight meet where the Terps scored over a 195.
- Freshman Audrey Barber scored a 38.625 to place first in the all-around and sophomore Kirsten Peterman followed in third by posting a 38.325.
- Barber and freshman Emilie LeBlanc both posted career-high scores of 9.900 to tie for first place on bars, and freshman Karrie Thomas won the beam event title with a 9.800.
- Sophomore Alecia Farina placed first on floor by tying a career-high score of 9.850, and Barber and fellow freshman Collea Burgess tied for first place on vault with a 9.800.
IN THE RANKINGS
- The Terps are currently 32nd in the nation with an average score of 195.203. Maryland ranks 18th on uneven bars with an average of 48.884 and 29th on balance beam with a 48.622 average.
- Temple ranks No. 48, Penn is No. 49 and Yale is No. 60.
- For complete rankings, visit roadtonationals.com.
SCOUTING THE YALE BULLDOGS
- Yale won its 15th Ivy Classic Title and posted their highest score this season (195.025) last Sunday against Brown, Cornell and Penn.
- The Bulldogs’ strongest event this season is bars, where they are averaging a 48.329, which ranks 57th nationally.
- Maryland last competed against Yale in 2017 quad meet, where the Terps won.
SCOUTING THE PENN QUAKERS
- The Quakers finished third at the Ivy Classic meet last week, scoring a 193.875 to finish behind Yale and Cornell.
- The teams' strongest event this season has been floor, where Penn is averaging a 48.821.
SCOUTING THE TEMPLE OWLS
- The Owls are coming off a third-place finish at a tri-meet against Air Force and the University of New Hampshire. Temple scored a 193.375.
- Maryland will square off against Temple and Penn again Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. in Philadelphia.