COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland (1-0) will open up its 2017-18 home slate Sunday when the team hosts Maryland-Eastern Shore (1-0) at the XFINITY Center at 6:00 pm. The game will be streamed via BTN2Go.
• Maryland opens up its 2017-18 home slate Sunday with a matchup against the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore (UMES). The Hawks defeated Valley Forge 95-69 on Friday night in the team's season opener, led by freshmen Cameron Bacote (28 points) and Sean Hoggs (23 points).
• Maryland leads the all-time series 17-0 since the schools first met in 1979. The Terps took out the Hawks 77-56 when the teams met last on December 12, 2015. The last time Maryland met UMES in a home opener was December 1, 1988 when the Terps cruised to a 97-53 victory.
• Maryland’s stifling defense and a balanced scoring attack paced by sophomore forward Justin Jackson’s 11 points and a career-high 14 rebounds led the Terrapins past Stony Brook 76-61 on Friday night in their regular season opener at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
• It was the third career double-double for Jackson, who was named to the Naismith Trophy Watch list on Thursday, November 9.
• Maryland went 13-5 in home games last season, including a 10-1 mark in non-conference home games. Mark Turgeon’s Terrapins have gone 27-2 in non-conference home games over the past three years.
• Maryland is on the cusp of a top-25 national ranking, receiving 20 votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll and seven votes in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll released on October 22 and November 1 (respectively).
2017-18 maryland basketball gameday
• Fans are reminded that the Maryland Athletics Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all Maryland home games for the 2017-18 season. For more information, please click here.
• For further information on gameday at the XFINITY Center, please reference the XFINITY Center A-Z guide.