As the University of Maryland football team approaches its 2015 season-opener against Richmond Sept. 5, the concessions at Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium are making their final preparations for the season by adding more of the state’s favorite flavors to its menu through the “Maryland with Pride” program.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
The CHESSIE, a monster crab pretzel that took Byrd Stadium by storm in 2014, will be returning for its second season, as it shares the spotlight with local specials: crab nachos, in-house slow smoked pit beef and turkey and boardwalk fries.
Concessions stands will also be serving beer in selected sections, featuring local brewery favorites DuClaw (Baltimore), Flying Dog (Frederick) and Heavy Seas (Baltimore), in addition to Miller and Coors products.
Located on the Club Level, The Greene Turtle will be serving boneless wings, hog hammers, buffalo chicken dip and its signature Shell Raiser draft beer.
The Crab Place from Crisfield, Md., will be featuring quarter pound lump and backfin crab cakes, sautéed and served on a roll with chips at the west end of the concourse. Fans purchasing the crab cake will receive a $15 coupon for online ordering at the Crab Place in the future.
Also located on the west end of the concourse is a popular healthy alternative, Curley’s Fresh, which has added a chilled roasted vegetable wrap made with fresh seasonal vegetables grown on Maryland dining’s Terp Farm. Chicken Caesar wraps, hummus and seasonal fruit cups will also be offered.
Hoffman’s meats, a family owned butcher shop that has been operating in Hagerstown, Md., since 1923, will be supplying quarter pound 100% natural all-beef hot dogs throughout Byrd Stadium.
Fire grilled italian sausages made with locally sourced meats from Logan Sausage in Alexandria, Va., will be served at a specialty stand as well as grills throughout the stadium.
Also new this year, the concession stands will be offering one free refill with the purchase of a large souvenir soft drink to go along with the bottomless large popcorn introduced in 2014.
Longtime fan favorites Chick-fil-A, Rita’s Italian Ice, Baltimore style snow balls, funnel cakes, cotton candy, flame grilled quarter pound burger baskets, pizza, house made slow smoked pulled pork bbq, fire roasted chicken sandwiches, chicken tender baskets, nachos and Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs with specialty topping will return again this year.
YOUR FAVORITE STADIUM FOOD
- Flame Broiled 1/4 Pound Burgers
- Chargrilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Chargrilled Italian Sausage
- Pit Beef and Pit Turkey
- Chick-fil-A® Sandwich and Lemonade
- Maryland Dairy Ice Cream
- Try Rockin’ Randy, B1G or Fear the Turtle
- Slow Smoked Pulled Pork Barbecue
- Veggie Burgers
- Chicken Tender and Fry Basket
- Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Boardwalk Fries®
- Crab or Regular Nachos
- Jumbo Soft Pretzels
- Rita’s Italian Ice
- Snow Cones
- Cotton Candy
- Funnel Cakes
- Lemon Chills
- Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper,
- Gatorade and Aquafina Bottled Water
WHERE TO FIND BYRD FOOD SPECIALTIES
- Stand 01- Sect. 28- Flamed Broiled Burgers, Sausages, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries, Nachos
- Stand 02- Sect. 22- Chicken Strips, Hot Dogs, Nachos, Fries, Coffee
- Stand 03- Sect. 19- Pizza, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Nachos, Fries, UMD Ice Cream, Sno-Cones, Root Beer Float, Chessie Crab Pretzel
- Stand 04- Sect. 18- Crab Cakes, Flamed Broiled Burgers, Logan’s Italian Sausages, Grilled Chicken, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries,
- Stand 06- Sect. 17- Pit Beef, Pit Turkey, Pork BBQ, Veggie Burgers, Fries
- Stand 08- Sect. 14- Chicken Strips, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Nachos, Fries, Crab Fries, Crab Nachos
- Stand 10- Sect. 11- Flamed Broiled Burgers, Sausages, Grilled Chicken, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries, Funnel Cakes, Coffee
- Stand 12- Sect. 10- Pizza, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Nachos, Fries, Dill Pickle Spears, Cotton Candy
- Stand 13- Sect. 05- Chicken Strips, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Nachos, Fries
- Stand 14- Sect. 02- Flamed Broiled Burgers, Logan’s Italian Sausage, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries,
- Stand 21- Sect. 210- Green Turtle- Hog Hammers, Turtle Bites, Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Stand 22- Sect. 208- Flamed Broiled Burgers, Logan’s Italian Sausages, Grilled Chicken, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries, UMD Ice Cream, Sno-Cones, Root Beer Float
- Stand 25- Sect. 205- Pizza, Chicken Strips, Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries, Nachos, crab fries, crab nachos
- Stand 31- Sect. 312- Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Jumbo Pretzels,
- Stand 32- Sect. 309- Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries, Nachos, Coffee
- Stand 33- Sect. 304- Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Fries, Nachos
- Stand 34- Sect. 302- Hoffman’s Hot Dogs, Jumbo Pretzels
Portable Cart Locations
Sect. 19- Rita’s Italian Ice
Sect. 17- Chick Fil A
Sect. 17- Curley’s Fresh- Fruit cups, Wraps, Sabra Hummus and water
Numerous Draft Beer Cart Locations throughout the concourses
Maryland Craft Beers featuring DuClaw, Heavy Seas, and Flying Dog will sold behind sections 3 and 22
All stands serve Pepsi Products with Bottled Water. Hot Chocolate is available weather permitting. Pretzels, Peanuts, Popcorn and Nachos are sold at most stands.
We are now zero waste! Please help by using compost and recycling containers throughout Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium.
American Express, Master Card, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and Terrapin Express accepted at all stands and many carts.
All proceeds from the sale of food and beverages go to the University of Maryland. Thanks for your support!