Tailgating is an important part of the game day experience for you, the fan. University of Maryland Athletics is committed to creating a fan-friendly environment that is safe for all to enjoy. You, as fans, play an important role. For your safety and the enjoyment of all, we ask that you please help by observing these tailgating guidelines.
- No in-and-out privileges for vehicles.
- Roadways, aisles, and parking areas must be kept clear of tailgating equipment so vehicles and emergency personnel may park or pass through.
- Guests must tailgate in front of or behind their vehicle only or in landscaped areas.
- Vehicle tailgates should not interfere with the flow of traffic.
- No open flames permitted in any tailgate or parking area.
- Charcoal grills are permitted in most tailgate areas (Grills are NOT allowed in parking garages).
- Plan ahead. Pack food, water, and other non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy prior to the game. Focus on camaraderie and share your Terp spirit with family and friends.
- Please clean up your tailgating area before entering the game
- Drop locations will be available with bags
- Please help us on our Zero Waste efforts and recycle when possible.
- No consumption of alcohol in tailgating areas after kick-off.
- All alcohol must be consumed prior to entry into the stadium. Alcohol consumption is NOT ALLOWED while in line at entry gates.
- No underage drinking.
- No drinking games or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia (for
example:no beer bong funnels or beer pong).
- No music with inappropriate language
- No amplified music
- Lot 11B is the main RV parking lot, which is located near Xfinity.
- The cost is $150 for Friday evening admission and $75 for
dayof game admission. The lot will open at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night, but is available to prepaid customers only at that time. The lot will reopen 6 hours prior to game time on Saturday for on-site purchase.
- The lot closes at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.
- All spaces other than pre-paid are on first come first served basis.
- All tailgating is restricted to the game day tailgating guidelines and cannot occur until all parking lots are open, which is 6 hours prior to game time.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PARTY AND A TAILGATE
- The Department of Public Safety differentiates between a “tailgate” and a “party” and a party may be disbanded and attendees removed from the lots.
- A tailgate has a variety of food and beverages, including non-alcoholic beverages, available in sufficient quantities for the number of people attending.
- A party has some of the following characteristics:
- Common containers such as kegs, party balls, large containers of mixed drinks, beer tubs, trash cans of beer
- Loud music
- Drinking games
- Underage drinkers
- Lack of food
- Large or excessive quantities of alcohol
- Large numbers of people
- Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional or marketing activities is prohibited.
- Please be respectful to fans around you, other vehicles, and campus property.
- There are two permanent fan assistance locations near the XFINITY Center parking locations and one permanent location in Lot 1 near Ludwig Field at Kehoe track.
- If you need assistance in a non-emergency situation or observe a potential problem, please call 301-314-7126. In an emergency, please contact campus police at 301-405-3555.
Maryland Athletics has partnered with Tailgate Guys for three games (10/14, 11/11, 11/25) during the 2017 season to offer fans tickets to the Terrapin Tailgate Club and individual tailgate packages. For more information or to book your tailgate please visit: https://tailgateguys.com/home/maryland
NEW LOCATION: Stadium Drive Traffic Circle, Just Outside the West Gate of Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
Join the Maryland Spirit Squad, Dance Team and Mighty Sound of Maryland as they welcome the Maryland Football team to the stadium prior to the game! The team buses will arrive on campus at roughly 2 hours prior to kickoff, and they need YOU to greet them as they step off the buses and walk into the stadium! Also be sure to check out the inflatable games and kids’ activities on Legacy Plaza.
Campus parking areas have been divided into four color-coded zones including red, yellow, white and black. Parking permits must be displayed from your rearview mirror. Displaying the parking pass enables traffic control officers to move traffic along quickly to each color-coded area of campus. Only one space is allowed per parking pass. Misuse of parking passes may result in
TERRAPIN CLUB DONORS
- Terrapin Club donors who pre-purchase parking receive their standard permit with a lot assignment indicated on the permit.
SEASON CASH LOT PARKING
- Season permits will be distributed to all remaining season ticket holders who do not purchase a season permit. Season cash permits will be valid in the following areas.
- Yellow (4b, 11b, 4j)
- White (XX1/ Engineering)
- Black (Mowatt Lane Garage)
- Patrons follow the driving directions and map indicated on the back of the permit they receive in the mail.
- Permits pay the prevailing rate ($17) on site to gain entry to their assigned area.
SINGLE GAME PARKING
- Single game parking will be $17 per car and $75 for RV's and buses. Credit cards only. Fans are highly encouraged to purchase parking in advance. Advance parking will be available online starting on Aug. 1 on www.transportation.umd.edu. Simply choose the lot you would like, print the permit, and then receive scanned entry on the day of the game.
VISITING TEAM PARKING
- Visiting team parking is located in the Black Zone of the color-coded map. Please contact the Terrapin Ticket Office for more information at 301-314-7070
- Individuals requiring disabled parking may park
inthe north side of Stadium Drive Garage (SDG). Disabled patrons must display their valid disabled placards and/or tags to gain access to SDG and will be required to pay $17 at the entrance to the garage. Credit cards only.
- If you are planning to travel to campus during Football games, please consider using one of the three Quick Bus loops to avoid the traffic congestion on campus. Get on at one of the Quick Bus pick up signs around campus and get dropped off near Maryland Stadium at Lot Q.
|Routes||3 hours before kickoff||During game to 1 hour after game|
|Metro||5 minutes||Less frequently|
|Mowatt||20 minutes||Less frequently|
|XFINITY||10 minutes||Less frequently|
|Fraternity||20 minutes||Less frequently|
SINGLE GAME TICKET SALES
- Single game tickets, when available, can be purchased through the Maryland Ticket Office either online at umterps.com, by calling 1-800-IM-A-TERP, or at the ticket office windows at the XFINITY Center prior to the game.
- Tickets will be held at will call if ordered with 5 business days of the event. On the day of the event, will call opens three hours prior to the game and is located at the West Gate of Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium.