PRINCETON, N.J. – Members of the University of Maryland track and field teams will seek to improve marks in their events this weekend at the ECAC and IC4A Outdoor Championships being hosted by Princeton University.
The marks will determine placing on performance lists for the NCAA East Preliminary Rounds as part of the journey to the NCAA National Championships.
The top 48 individuals in each event qualify for the East Prelims, which determine the top 12 qualifiers for nationals.
This weekend, Terps who have qualified or who are close to posting top-48 marks will compete at the ECAC (women) and IC4A (men) competitions. The lone exception will be Maryland’s trio of high jumpers – Amina Smith, Amber Melville and Thea LaFond – who should comfortably be in the top 48 in the high jump and triple jump (LaFond).
Terps Scheduled to Compete
- Women’s 400 – Micha Powell
- Women’s 800 – Myah Hicks
- Women’s 5,000 – Becky Yep
- Women’s 400 Hurdles – Lisa Meneau
- Women’s Hammer – Sonya Napariu
- Women’s 4x400 Relay – Rachelle Alexander, Shade Pratt, Myah Hicks, Arielle Statham
- Men’s 100 & 200 – Avery Graham
- Men’s 800 – Mamadou Niang
- Men’s Triple Jump – Derek Holland
- Men’s Shot Put – Josh Haghighi
- Men’s Hammer – Pat Cole