- Maryland hits the road for the second consecutive weekend as it travels to Chestnut Hill, Mass. for a critical series against Boston College. For live updates, log on to https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball. Live stats are available by logging on to the Boston College schedule here.
April 12 1:00 p.m. vs. Boston College April 12 3:00 p.m. vs. Boston College April 13 1:00 p.m. vs. Boston College
Scouting The Terps
• A week removed from a tough outing against eighth-ranked Florida State, the Terps are looking to make a push in the ACC standings with a key weekend series at Boston College
2014 Maryland Terrapins: 3-28, 2-9 ACC Roster Schedule
• The Maryland offense showed great poise against the Seminoles last weekend, scoring 11 runs over the final two games. Trailing by six runs in the third game of the series, the Terrapins stormed back with five runs of their own in a dramatic comeback effort as the 'Noles held on for the 7-5 victory.
• Junior Erin Pronobis had an excellent weekend hitting from the 9-spot in the order, batting .429 with three RBIs, three runs and a home run. Senior Amanda McCann was also strong, turning in a .545 on-base percentage with two runs scored.
• Senior Candice Beards remains one of the hottest hitters in the ACC, ranking second with a .471 batting average in conference play.
• Head coach Laura Watten is just six wins away from the 600-win plateau for her career.
Scouting Boston College (20-16, 4-8 ACC)
• Boston College has won four of its last five games to overcome a poor 1-8 stretch through the end of March. The Eagles most recently took 2-of-3 from Pittsburgh, before defeating UMass and Boston University on consecutive nights.
• The Eagles are among the middle of the pack in the ACC in most statistical categories, but rank fourth overall in scoring (5.15 runs/g). They are also third in stolen bases per game (1.18).
• Boston College is led offensively by Tatiana Cortez, who ranks second in the conference with 1.09 RBIs per game despite a meager .204 batting average. The Eagles' Tory Speer and Nicole D'Argento are two of the best at creating offense, ranking first and second in the ACC, respectively, in walks.
• Maryland is 16-11 all-time against Boston College, and winners of eight of the last nine matchups dating back to 2011. The Terps took 2-of-3 meetings last season, including a 10-1 victory in the final game of the series.
2014 Boston College Eagles (20-16, 4-8 ACC) Roster Schedule Statistics
2014 Terps When... Overall 3-28 ACC 2-9 Non-Conference 1-19 Home 1-4 Road 1-7 Neutral 1-17 vs. Right-handed Starter 3-26 vs. Left-handed Starter 0-2 1-Run games 2-5 2-Run games 0-2 5+ Run games 0-14 Day Games 2-24 Night Games 1-4 Extra Innings 0-0 Scoring 0-2 runs 0-15 Scoring 3-5 runs 0-10 Scoring 6-9 runs 2-3 Scoring 10+ runs 1-0 Opponent Scoring 0-2 runs 0-3 Opponent Scoring 3-5 runs 1-5 Opponent Scoring 6-9 runs 1-9 Opponent Scoring 10+ runs 1-11 Scored in first inning 1-4 Opponent scored in first inning 1-17 Scores first 1-4 Opponent scores first 2-24 Made 0 errors 0-8 Made 1 error 2-11 Made 2+ errors 1-9 Opponent made 0 errors 0-7 Opponent made 1 error 0-11 Opponent made 2+ errors 3-10 Out-hit opponent 1-4 Out-hit by opponent 1-22 Hits are tied 1-2
Support the Terps
• Follow Maryland softball on Twitter! Check out https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball!
• Email Straight To You: If you would like the latest Maryland softball news emailed directly to you as soon as it breaks, email softball contact Sean Ellenby with "Softball E-Mail" as the subject and you will receive every update.
• Terps on the Web: For up-to-date game stories, statistics, schedules and results, and other Maryland athletic department information, please log-on to www.umterps.com on the Internet.
• GameTracker: Follow Terps games live in 2014 on your computer with GameTracker. Links for all games that will be available can be found at www.umterps.com.
Terps to Meet Eagles in Chestnut Hill Clash