- The Terps' schedule for the Mary Nutter Collegiate classic this weekend is below. For live updates, log on to https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball. The tournament page is available by clicking here.
February 20 3 p.m. PT vs. #3 Washington February 20 5:30 p.m. PT vs. Long Beach State February 21 10 a.m. PT vs. #13 Stanford February 22 5:00 p.m. PT vs. #8 UCLA February 22 7:30 p.m. PT vs. Cal Poly
Scouting The Terps
• Maryland will take on some of the nation's best this weekend at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic, including No. 3 Washington, No. 8 UCLA and No. 13 Stanford. Also included on the slate is Long Beach State and Cal Poly.
• The Terrapins picked up their first win of the season last weekend at the FAU "Strikeout Cancer" Tournament, defeating South Carolina of the SEC.
2014 Maryland Terrapins: 1-9, 0-0 ACC Roster Schedule Statistics
• After a rough opening weekend at the plate, senior Amanda McCann responded with a spectacular weekend at the FAU Tournament. McCann went 9-for-15 (.600) with two walks, two stolen bases, two runs scoed and an RBI.
• The Terrapin pitching staff made drastic improvement as well, turning in a 3.50 ERA at the FAU Touranement as compared to a 7.36 ERA the previous weekend. Redshirt freshman Brenna Nation posted a 2.27 ERA in four appearances, while Kaitlyn Schmeiser picked up 13 strikeouts in 14.1 innings of work.
Scouting #3 Washington
• Washington has climbed up to third in the nation after beginning the season 10-0, including wins over Oklahoma, Michigan State and Baylor.
• The Terrapins and Huskies have met just once in series history, with Washington earning a 10-5 victory in 2001.
2014 Washington Huskies (10-0, 0-0 Pac-12) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting Long Beach State
• Long Beach State is off to a 6-4 start after taking three of five games last weekend at the Easton Desert Classic. The 49ers defeated Utah Valley, UTEP and UNLV, and fell to Ohio State and Utah.
• This is the first meeting in history between the schools.
2014 Long Beach State 49ers (6-4, 0-0 Big West) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting #13 Stanford
• The 13th-ranked Stanford Cardinal are 12-0 to start the season, most recently defeating UC Davis, 10-1, on Tuesday. Six of Stanford's 12 games have been shortened due to large leads.
• This marks the second meeting in history between Stanford and Maryland. The Cardinal took the inaugural meeting in 2006, 8-5.
2014 Stanford (12-0, 0-0 Pac-12) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting #8 UCLA
• UCLA is the third undefeated team the Terps will play this weekend, as the Bruins opened the season on an 11-0 tear. UCLA ran through the competition at the Stacy Winsberg Memorial Tournament last weekend, inning by a cumulative score of 30-3.
• This is the first meeting in history between Maryland and UCLA.
2014 UCLA Bruins (11-0, 0-0 Pac-12) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting Cal Poly
• The lone team with a losing record on the Terps' slate this weekend, Cal Poly has lost three of its last four contests. Last weekend at the Stanford Nike Invitational, the Mustangs dropped a pair of games to Stanford.
• Maryland Cal Poly are meeting for the second time in history, with the Mustangs taking the inaugural meeting in 2006, 2-1.
2014 Cal Poly Mustangs (4-6, 0-0 Big West) Roster Schedule Statistics
2014 Terps When... Overall 1-9 ACC 0-0 Non-Conference 1-9 Home 0-0 Road 0-2 Neutral 1-7 vs. Right-handed Starter 1-8 vs. Left-handed Starter 0-1 1-Run games 0-3 2-Run games 0-1 5+ Run games 0-2 Day Games 1-8 Night Games 0-1 Extra Innings 0-0 Scoring 0-2 runs 0-6 Scoring 3-5 runs 0-2 Scoring 6-9 runs 1-1 Scoring 10+ runs 0-0 Opponent Scoring 0-2 runs 0-2 Opponent Scoring 3-5 runs 1-2 Opponent Scoring 6-9 runs 0-4 Opponent Scoring 10+ runs 0-1 Scored in first inning 1-1 Opponent scored in first inning 0-3 Scores first 1-1 Opponent scores first 0-8 Made 0 errors 0-4 Made 1 error 1-5 Made 2+ errors 0-0 Opponent made 0 errors 0-3 Opponent made 1 error 0-4 Opponent made 2+ errors 1-2 Out-hit opponent 0-2 Out-hit by opponent 0-6 Hits are tied 1-1
Support the Terps
• Follow Maryland softball on Twitter! Check out https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball!
• Email Straight To You: If you would like the latest Maryland softball news emailed directly to you as soon as it breaks, email softball contact Sean Ellenby with "Softball E-Mail" as the subject and you will receive every update.
• Terps on the Web: For up-to-date game stories, statistics, schedules and results, and other Maryland athletic department information, please log-on to www.umterps.com on the Internet.
• GameTracker: Follow Terps games live in 2014 on your computer with GameTracker. Links for all games that will be available can be found at www.umterps.com.