- The Terps' schedule for the Mary Nutter Collegiate classic this weekend is below. For live updates, log on to https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball. The tournament page is available by clicking here.
February 20 3 p.m. PT vs. #3 Washington February 20 5:30 p.m. PT vs. Long Beach State February 21 10 a.m. PT vs. #13 Stanford February 22 5:00 p.m. PT vs. #8 UCLA February 22 7:30 p.m. PT vs. Cal Poly
Scouting The Terps
• Maryland will take on some of the nation's best this weekend at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic, including No. 3 Washington, No. 8 UCLA and No. 13 Stanford. Also included on the slate is Long Beach State and Cal Poly.
• The Terrapins picked up their first win of the season last weekend at the FAU "Strikeout Cancer" Tournament, defeating South Carolina of the SEC.
2014 Maryland Terrapins: 1-9, 0-0 ACC Roster Schedule Statistics
• After a rough opening weekend at the plate, senior Amanda McCann responded with a spectacular weekend at the FAU Tournament. McCann went 9-for-15 (.600) with two walks, two stolen bases, two runs scoed and an RBI.
• The Terrapin pitching staff made drastic improvement as well, turning in a 3.50 ERA at the FAU Touranement as compared to a 7.36 ERA the previous weekend. Redshirt freshman Brenna Nation posted a 2.27 ERA in four appearances, while Kaitlyn Schmeiser picked up 13 strikeouts in 14.1 innings of work.
Scouting #3 Washington
• Washington has climbed up to third in the nation after beginning the season 10-0, including wins over Oklahoma, Michigan State and Baylor.
• The Terrapins and Huskies have met just once in series history, with Washington earning a 10-5 victory in 2001.
2014 Washington Huskies (10-0, 0-0 Pac-12) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting Long Beach State
• Long Beach State is off to a 6-4 start after taking three of five games last weekend at the Easton Desert Classic. The 49ers defeated Utah Valley, UTEP and UNLV, and fell to Ohio State and Utah.
• This is the first meeting in history between the schools.
2014 Long Beach State 49ers (6-4, 0-0 Big West) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting #13 Stanford
• The 13th-ranked Stanford Cardinal are 12-0 to start the season, most recently defeating UC Davis, 10-1, on Tuesday. Six of Stanford's 12 games have been shortened due to large leads.
• This marks the second meeting in history between Stanford and Maryland. The Cardinal took the inaugural meeting in 2006, 8-5.
2014 Stanford (12-0, 0-0 Pac-12) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting #8 UCLA
• UCLA is the third undefeated team the Terps will play this weekend, as the Bruins opened the season on an 11-0 tear. UCLA ran through the competition at the Stacy Winsberg Memorial Tournament last weekend, inning by a cumulative score of 30-3.
• This is the first meeting in history between Maryland and UCLA.
2014 UCLA Bruins (11-0, 0-0 Pac-12) Roster Schedule Statistics
Scouting Cal Poly
• The lone team with a losing record on the Terps' slate this weekend, Cal Poly has lost three of its last four contests. Last weekend at the Stanford Nike Invitational, the Mustangs dropped a pair of games to Stanford.
• Maryland Cal Poly are meeting for the second time in history, with the Mustangs taking the inaugural meeting in 2006, 2-1.
2014 Cal Poly Mustangs (4-6, 0-0 Big West) Roster Schedule Statistics
2014 Terps When... Overall 1-9 ACC 0-0 Non-Conference 1-9 Home 0-0 Road 0-2 Neutral 1-7 vs. Right-handed Starter 1-8 vs. Left-handed Starter 0-1 1-Run games 0-3 2-Run games 0-1 5+ Run games 0-2 Day Games 1-8 Night Games 0-1 Extra Innings 0-0 Scoring 0-2 runs 0-6 Scoring 3-5 runs 0-2 Scoring 6-9 runs 1-1 Scoring 10+ runs 0-0 Opponent Scoring 0-2 runs 0-2 Opponent Scoring 3-5 runs 1-2 Opponent Scoring 6-9 runs 0-4 Opponent Scoring 10+ runs 0-1 Scored in first inning 1-1 Opponent scored in first inning 0-3 Scores first 1-1 Opponent scores first 0-8 Made 0 errors 0-4 Made 1 error 1-5 Made 2+ errors 0-0 Opponent made 0 errors 0-3 Opponent made 1 error 0-4 Opponent made 2+ errors 1-2 Out-hit opponent 0-2 Out-hit by opponent 0-6 Hits are tied 1-1
Support the Terps
• Follow Maryland softball on Twitter! Check out https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball!
• Email Straight To You: If you would like the latest Maryland softball news emailed directly to you as soon as it breaks, email softball contact Sean Ellenby with "Softball E-Mail" as the subject and you will receive every update.
• Terps on the Web: For up-to-date game stories, statistics, schedules and results, and other Maryland athletic department information, please log-on to www.umterps.com on the Internet.
• GameTracker: Follow Terps games live in 2014 on your computer with GameTracker. Links for all games that will be available can be found at www.umterps.com.
Terps to Face Nation's Best at Mary Nutter Classic