October 6, 2008
FIELD HOCKEY – EMMA THOMAS (Sr., Back, High Wycombe, England)
Thomas assisted on the game-tying goal late in the second half to force the overtime then scored the game-winner in the extra period to left Maryland over No. 10 Virginia, 4-2, in overtime. The Terrapins remain undefeated in conference play. The goal was the first of Thomas' career, while playing in her third-career game at Maryland after being cleared by the NCAA under the transfer rule. Maryland is 10-1 on the season, 3-0 in the ACC.
Greg Kelsey finished fifth individually in the men's race, leading the University of Maryland to a third-place team finish Saturday at the George Mason Invitational at Bull Run Park. Kelsey covered the men's 8-kilometer course in 24:57, finishing just 17 seconds behind Emil Heineking of Virginia. Alex Lundy, who won the first two events of the year for the Terrapin men, was ninth overall in 25:06. As a team, the Terrapins were third with 85 points.
- September 30 - Katie O'Donnell (Field Hockey) and Alex Wujciak (Football)
- September 23 - Annesia Faulkner (Women's Soccer) and Omar Gonzalez (Men's Soccer)
- September 16 - Susie Rowe (Field Hockey) and Dave Philistin (Football)
- September 7 - Katie 0' Donnell (Field Hockey) and Casey Townsend (Men's Soccer)
- September 1 - Michelle Kenning (Volleyball) and Da'Rel Scott (Football)
- 2007-08 Winners