All first year student-athletes are required to attend study table a minimum of 8 hours per week. Those student-athletes with less than the required GPA (see chart below) may be required to spend 6 to 10 hours per week in study table. Student-athletes who obtain a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or greater will be exempt from study table. Individual team may have higher GPA standards.
1. A Student-athlete's cumulative grade point average is the indicator for determining the required number of hours. This is a sliding scale. The required number of hours per week of the cycle, based on GPAs are as follows:
2.01 - 2.15 = 8 hours
2.16 - 2.30 = 6 hours
2. Hours spent with tutors and in Learning Support Services (LSS) will count towards the required number of hours provided the student-athlete logins in at the front desk during each session.
3. Each student-athlete will be required to complete the same number of study hall hours each week.
Questions regarding the study hall policy should be directed to Don Pearman, Associate Director of the ASCDU at 301-314-7042 or email@example.com.
Study Table Conduct Policies
In order to ensure an environment conducive to studying, the following rules must be observed:
1. No food, drink or tobacco products
2. No headphones or cell phones
3. Every time you leave study table, you must sign out
4. Talking will be kept to a minimum
Any disregard for these rules will result in ejection from study table, and hours for that day are forfeited. The disruptive behavior will be reported to the student-athlete's coach and sport supervisor.