COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Fans are reminded that a new clear bag policy will be in effect for the upcoming 2016 University of Maryland football season at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to games. The policy below is for fans to review:
Bag Policy: Maryland Athletics is announcing a new bag policy that will be in effect for the 2016 football season and will also be in place for the 2016-17 men’s and women’s basketball season at Xfinity Center. Fans will only be able to carry the following style and size bags into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, measuring 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap
All other bags will not be permitted. A list of prohibited bags includes, but is not limited to: purses, backpacks, drawstring bags that are not clear, briefcases, coolers, fanny packs, luggage, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases and diaper bags. Guests are encouraged to return unauthorized items to their vehicles. The University of Maryland cannot safeguard items which are not permitted into the stadium.
Maryland football season ticket holders will be receiving a clear tote bag included in their season ticket shipment. Clear bags will also be available for purchase outside of the stadium.
Maryland has implemented a number of initiatives to assists the fans on game day:
- “No bag lanes” will be available to fans entering the stadium without bags
- Lockers will be located at Lot Q for $10 to fans wishing to lock up belongings
- Gallon sized (small) bags will be provided to fans upon request; large clear bags can be purchased for $15
- Informational booth outside Gate I provided to fans with questions
Kickoff for Maryland’s season-opener against Howard is set for Noon ET at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium on Big Ten Network.