COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Fans are reminded that a new clear bag policy will be in effect for the upcoming 2016-17 University of Maryland basketball season at XFINITY Center, beginning with the women's basketball team's exhibition against Bluefield State College on Nov. 2 and the men's exhibition versus Catawba Nov. 5.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to games. The policy below is for fans to review:
Bag Policy: Maryland Athletics is announcing a new bag policy that will be in effect for the 2016-17 men’s and women’s basketball season at XFINITY Center. Fans will only be able to carry the following style and size bags into the arena.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, measuring 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap
All other bags will not be permitted. A list of prohibited bags includes, but is not limited to: purses, backpacks, drawstring bags that are not clear, briefcases, coolers, fanny packs, luggage, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases and diaper bags. Guests are encouraged to return unauthorized items to their vehicles. The University of Maryland cannot safeguard items which are not permitted into the arena.
Clear bags are also be available for purchase by clicking here.
Maryland has implemented a number of initiatives to assists the fans on game day:
- “No bag lanes” will be available to fans entering the arena without bags
- Gallon sized (small) bags will be provided to fans upon request