|High School:||St. John's College HS|
• Notched a career-high 19 points and a team-high seven rebounds at Illinois (1/14)
• Posted 15 points and added three steals vs. Indiana (1/10)
• Recorded nine points and added five rebounds and four assists at Michigan (1/7)
• Notched 12 points and a game-high six rebounds vs. Illinois (12/27)
• Recorded 16 points, including a career-high nine made free throws, and five assists vs.
• One of six players in double figures with 12 points and added five assists vs. Jacksonville State (12/12)
• Posted nine points, seven rebounds and four assists vs. Howard (12/7)
• One of four players in double-figures with 11 points against Oklahoma State (12/3)
• Tallied 11 points and three assists vs. Pitt (11/29)
• Tallied a career-high 18 points against Richmond (11/25)
• Scored 12 points and added four rebounds and three assists vs. Towson (11/20)
• Recorded a career-high seven assists and four steals against St. Mary’s College (MD)
• Scored 11 points and added a game-high five assists against Georgetown (11/15)
• Posted 12 points and nine rebounds in his collegiate debut against American (11/11)
• Alongside fellow rookie Kevin Huerter, became the first freshman duo to start a season
opener since Joe Smith and Keith Booth (vs. Georgetown, Nov. 26, 1993).
BEFORE MARYLAND: A four-star recruit, Cowan is ranked nationally as the 46th best player in the 2016 class according to Rivals.com….Played high school basketball at St. John’s College High School and as a junior led St. John’s to a win over Gonzaga to capture the D.C. State Athletic Association title…Scored 21 points in the championship game, and was later named the D.C. State Athletic Association Player of the Year…Played AAU basketball with the DC Thunder the past two seasons….Following his junior season, Cowan was honored as the DMV Elite Player of the Year, and was also named Washington Post First Team All-Met and First Team All-Washington Catholic Athletic Conference… Selected to participate in the Under Armour All-American camp as a junior.
PERSONAL: Son of Anthony and Traci Cowan…Father, Anthony, earned his master’s degree at Maryland and is head coach of AAU team - D.C. Blue Devils… Uncle, Thomas Skeeter, graduated from Maryland and is head coach of AAU Team Team Skills...Grandmother, Valencia Skeeter, is a professor in the African American Studies program at Maryland. and is an assistant coach for Team Skills...Has a tattoo on his chest with the word AMBITIOUS - that he got on his 18th birthday - for those who doubt him because of his size...His mom, Traci, and his uncle, Thomas, recently established an afterschool program called Team Skills Academy in Laurel, MD., in which they help children with their academics and instruct them on the game of basketball...During high school - he would help assist his mom, Traci, at her daycare center as he enjoyed working with children and teaching them the game of basketball...Patterns his game after Boston Celtics guard Isaiah Thomas...Favorite basketball player is Kyrie Irving.