- No in-and-out privileges for vehicles.
- Roadways, aisles, and parking areas must be kept clear of tailgating equipment so vehicles and emergency personnel may park or pass through.
- Guests must tailgate in front of or behind their vehicle only or in landscaped areas.
- Vehicle tailgates should not interfere with the flow of traffic.
- No open flames permitted in any tailgate or parking area.
- Charcoal grills are permitted in most tailgate areas (Grills are NOT allowed in parking garages).
- Plan ahead. Pack food, water, and other non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy prior to the game. Focus on camaraderie and share your Terp spirit with family and friends.
- Please clean up your tailgating area before entering the game.
- Please help us on our Zero Waste efforts and recycle when possible.
- No consumption of alcohol in tailgating areas after kick-off.
- All alcohol must be consumed prior to entry into the stadium. Alcohol consumption is NOT ALLOWED while in line at entry gates.
- No underage drinking.
- No drinking games or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia (for example: no beer bong funnels or beer pong).
- No music with inappropriate language
- No amplified music
- Lot 7 is the main RV parking lot, which is located southeast of Baltimore Avenue and Campus Drive.
- The cost is $150 for Friday evening admission and $75 for day of game admission. The lot will open at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night, but is available to prepaid customers only at that time. The lot will reopen 6 hours prior to game time on Saturday for on-site purchase.
- The lot closes at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.
- All spaces other than pre-paid are on first come first served basis.
- All tailgating is restricted to the game day tailgating guidelines and cannot occur until all parking lots are open, which is 6 hours prior to game time.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PARTY AND A TAILGATE
- The Department of Public Safety differentiates between a “tailgate” and a “party” and a party may be disbanded and attendees removed from the lots.
- A tailgate has a variety of food and beverages, including non-alcoholic beverages, available in sufficient quantities for the number of people attending.
- A party has some of the following characteristics:
- Common containers such as kegs, party balls, large containers of mixed drinks, beer tubs, trash cans of beer
- Loud music
- Drinking games
- Underage drinkers
- Lack of food
- Large or excessive quantities of alcohol
- Large numbers of people
- Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional or marketing activities is prohibited.
- Please be respectful to fans around you, other vehicles, and campus property.
- There are two permanent fan assistance locations near the XFINITY Center parking locations and one permanent location in Lot 1 near Ludwig Field at Kehoe track.
- If you need assistance in a non-emergency situation or observe a potential problem, please call 301-314-7126 or Text "TERPS" issue and location to 69050. In an emergency, please contact campus police at 301-405-3555.
Campus parking areas have been divided into four color-coded zones including red, yellow, white and black. Parking permits must be displayed from your rearview mirror. Displaying the parking pass enables traffic control officers to move traffic along quickly to each color-coded area of campus. Only one space is allowed per parking pass. Misuse of parking passes may result in ticket and/or permit revocation. The parking pass is good for the home football game date and the area designated on the permit. All parking lots open six (6) hours prior to kick-off.
TERRAPIN CLUB SCHOLARSHIP FUND DONORS
- Terrapin Club Scholarship Fund donors who pre-purchase parking receive their standard permit with a lot assignment indicated on the permit.
- Season cash permits will be distributed to all remaining season ticket holders who do not purchase a season permit. Season cash permits will be valid in the following areas.
- Yellow (4b, 11b, 4j)
- White (XX1/ Engineering)
- Black (Mowatt Lane Garage)
- CASH patrons follow the driving directions and map indicated on the back of the permit they receive in the mail.
- CASH permits pay the prevailing rate ($17) on site to gain entry to their assigned area.
- Single game parking will be $17 per car and $75 for RV's and buses. Fans are highly encouraged to purchase parking in advance. Advance parking will be available online starting on Aug. 1 on www.transportation.umd.edu. Simply choose the lot you would like, print the permit, and then receive scanned entry on the day of the game.
- Visiting team parking is located in the Black Zone of the color coded map. Please contact the Terrapin Ticket Office for more information at 301-314-7070
- Individuals requiring disabled parking may park in the north side of Stadium Drive Garage (SDG). Disabled patrons must display their valid disabled placards and/or tags to gain access to SDG and will be required to pay $17 at the entrance to the garage.
- If you are planning to travel to campus during Football games, please consider using one of the three Quick Bus loops to avoid the traffic congestion on campus. Get on at one of the Quick Bus pick up signs around campus and get dropped off near Maryland Stadium at Lot Q.
|Routes||3 hours before kickoff||During game to 1 hour after game|
|Metro||5 minutes||Less frequently|
|Mowatt||20 minutes||Less frequently|
|XFINITY||10 minutes||Less frequently|
|Fraternity||20 minutes||Less frequently|
SINGLE GAME TICKET SALES
- Single game tickets, when available, can be purchased through the Maryland Ticket Office either online at umterps.com, by calling 1-800-IM-A-TERP, or at the ticket office windows at the XFINITY Center prior to the game.
- Tickets will be held at will call if ordered with 5 business days of the event. On the day of the event, will call opens three hours prior to the game and is located at the West Gate of Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium.