CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. -
Maryland (25-15, 9-11 ACC) at Boston College (14-27, 5-16 ACC)
Fri., April 25 (12:30 p.m.) | Fri., April 25 (4 p.m.) | Sun., April 20 (1 p.m.)
Probable Pitching Matchups
Game 1 (Friday), 12:30 p.m.: MD - Sr. RHP Jake Stinnett (4-5, 2.68 ERA) vs. BC - Jr. RHP John Gorman (2-6, 4.10 ERA)
Game 2 (Friday), 4 p.m.: MD - Fr. RHP Mike Shawaryn (7-2, 2.63 ERA) vs. BC - R So. LHP Andrew Chin (3-2, 3.27 ERA)
Game 3 (Sunday), 1 p.m.: MD - So. LHP Jake Drossner (4-0, 2.45 ERA) vs. BC - So. RHP Jeff Burke (0-5, 5.25 ERA)
MARYLAND TRAVELS TO BC LOOKING FOR THIRD SERIES WIN
Maryland opens a three-game series with Boston College in Chestnut Hill Friday at 1 p.m. Due to forecasted rain on Saturday, the Terps and Eagles will play a doubleheader Friday with the series finale still scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday. Last season, Maryland closed the regular season against BC and took two of three from the Eagles.
- Maryland heads to Chestnut Hill looking for its second straight ACC series victory and third of the season when it faces Boston College this weekend. The Terps took 2-of-3 from then-No. 25 Georgia Tech last weekend holding the Jackets to a combined three runs in the two wins. On Wednesday, the Terps tied a season high in runs in a 13-6 victory over George Mason.
- LaMonte Wade led the offensive attack against the Patriots totaling a career-high four hits with three runs and two RBI. In the last five games, Wade ranks second on the team with a .381 average and has a team-high eight hits.
- Joining Wade in the attack over the last five is shortstop Blake Schmit. The senior is hitting a team-high .412 with two doubles and two RBI. In the last 10 games, Schmit has six RBI and on the season leads the team in doubles (11).
- Against Mason, eight Terrapin hitters were hit by a pitch. That total is two shy of a single-game NCAA record. In addition, five Terps were hit in the eighth, which fell one shy of a single-inning NCAA record. This season, the Terps rank fourth nationally with 85 hit-by-pitches.
- Senior right hander Jake Stinnett tossed his ACC-leading third complete game of the season and his second straight in the Terps’ win last Friday. Stinnett struck out 10 Yellow Jackets to increase his ACC-best strikeout total to 84. Stinnett ranks sixth nationally in strikeouts is on pace to total 109 this season, which would be the third-highest single-season total in school history.
- With a 4-1 victory Saturday, Mike Shawaryn earned his seventh victory of the season moving himself into a tie for the seventh highest single-season total all-time. The freshman righty is tied for second in the ACC in wins. Shawaryn is one of only six freshman hurlers nationally with seven or more wins.
- Maryland leads the ACC in stolen bases with 72 and is averaging 1.80 stolen bases per game, also an ACC high. Over the last two seasons, the Terps are averaging 1.75 SBs per game, which is the 15th-highest average nationally. Charlie White leads the ACC with 21 stolen bases in 2014 and ranks fourth among active Division I players with 82 career stolen bases.
- Maryland and Boston College have met 26 times all-time with the Eagles holding a 17-9 advantage. In Chestnut Hill, BC holds a 9-3 lead.
- The two squads last met in 2013 in College Park to close the regular season. After dropping game one, the Terps won the next two including a 5-4 win in 10 innings in the series finale to win the series.
- Maryland last visited Boston College in 2012 with the Eagles winning two of three games. The Terps took the series finale by a 7-1 margin.
- BC has won seven of the last nine meetings at home.
MARYLAND VS. CANCER
- The Maryland baseball team has started its annual fundraiser to raise money for the Vs. Cancer Foundation. Maryland's goal is $20,000. To help the Terps reach their goal, visit maryland.vs.-cancer.org.