- Just three days removed from snapping Virginia Tech's 13-game ACC win streak, the Maryland softball team returns to action as it hosts Howard for a non-conference doubleheader Wednesday evening. For live updates, log on to https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball. Live stats are available by clicking here. Tonight's game will also be streamed live on TerpsTV -- click here for live video.
April 23 5:00 p.m. vs. Howard April 23 7:00 p.m. vs. Howard
Scouting The Terps
2014 Maryland Terrapins: 6-32, 4-13 ACC Roster Schedule
• The Terrapins have won three of their last five games, including an emphatic 8-1 victory over Virginia Tech Sunday at the Maryland Softball Stadium.
• Junior Shannon Bustillos is currently riding a season-best six-game hitting streak, batting .444 with 10 RBIs, seven runs and three home runs during that span. Amanda McCann has also played well during that stretch, reaching base on 52 percent of her plate appearances and scoring seven runs.
• Junior Kaitlyn Schmeiser has found her rhythm in the circle, collecting three wins over her last six appearances (30.2 IP) for a 2.05 ERA. She has allowed just nine earned runs and twirled three complete games during that time period.
• Head coach Laura Watten is just three wins away from the 600-win plateau for her career.
Scouting Howard (4-31, 3-12 MEAC)
• Howard has struggled this season, collecting just four wins in 35 games and enduring a 27-game losing streak. The Bison have had some recent success, however, taking 2-of-3 from Morgan State last weekend.
• The Bison are led offensively by Jasmine Gammons, who is batting .280 with five home runs, 13 RBIs and 16 runs scored. Imani Ballard leads the team with 14 RBIs.
• Alex Flynn (3-21) has started the bulk of the games for Howard in the circle, striking out 51 batters in 125.2 innings (7.95 ERA).
• Maryland is 7-0 all-time against Howard in a series that began in 2009. The Terrapins won both meetings last season by a cumulative score of 33-0.
2014 Howard Bison (4-31, 3-12 MEAC) Roster Schedule Statistics
2014 Terps When... Overall 6-32 ACC 4-13 Non-Conference 2-19 Home 3-6 Road 2-9 Neutral 1-17 vs. Right-handed Starter 6-30 vs. Left-handed Starter 0-2 1-Run games 2-5 2-Run games 1-4 5+ Run games 2-15 Day Games 4-28 Night Games 2-4 Extra Innings 0-0 Scoring 0-2 runs 0-18 Scoring 3-5 runs 1-10 Scoring 6-9 runs 3-4 Scoring 10+ runs 2-0 Opponent Scoring 0-2 runs 3-3 Opponent Scoring 3-5 runs 1-7 Opponent Scoring 6-9 runs 1-11 Opponent Scoring 10+ runs 1-11 Scored in first inning 3-6 Opponent scored in first inning 2-19 Scores first 4-5 Opponent scores first 2-27 Made 0 errors 1-9 Made 1 error 4-13 Made 2+ errors 1-10 Opponent made 0 errors 1-10 Opponent made 1 error 0-12 Opponent made 2+ errors 5-10 Out-hit opponent 4-4 Out-hit by opponent 1-25 Hits are tied 1-3
Support the Terps
• Follow Maryland softball on Twitter! Check out https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball!
• Email Straight To You: If you would like the latest Maryland softball news emailed directly to you as soon as it breaks, email softball contact Sean Ellenby with "Softball E-Mail" as the subject and you will receive every update.
• Terps on the Web: For up-to-date game stories, statistics, schedules and results, and other Maryland athletic department information, please log-on to www.umterps.com on the Internet.
• GameTracker: Follow Terps games live in 2014 on your computer with GameTracker. Links for all games that will be available can be found at www.umterps.com.