- Maryland looks to carry its momentum from a dramtic win Sunday as it hosts Delaware State Tuesday evening for a non-conference doubleheader at the Maryland Softball Stadium. For live updates, log on to https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball. Live stats are available by clicking here.
April 15 5:00 p.m. vs. Delaware State April 15 7:00 p.m. vs. Delaware State
Scouting The Terps
• After picking up a dramatic come-from-behind victory over Boston College Sunday, the Terps look to carry their momentum into Tuesday evening's doubleheader against Delaware State.
2014 Maryland Terrapins: 4-30, 3-11 ACC Roster Schedule
• The Terrapins rallied to defeat Boston College, 4-2, with three runs in the top of the seventh inning Sunday afternoon. Corey Schwartz tied the game with a key RBI double, while Erin Pronobis delivered the go-ahead RBI to put the Terps ahead for good.
• Maryland has received excellent production from the bottom of its batting order over the last two weekends, with Corey Schwartz batting .364 and Erin Pronobis hitting at a .357 clip. Pronobis, who generally hits from the 9-spot, has tallied four RBIs and four runs in her last six games.
• Senior Kaitlyn Schmeiser was a workhorse for the Terrapins last weekend against Boston College, allowing just 15 hits in 16.2 innings of work, in addition to posting 12 strikeouts. She saved her best performance for game three, when she dealt her first complete game of the season in a 4-2 victory.
• Head coach Laura Watten is just five wins away from the 600-win plateau for her career.
Scouting Delaware State (22-12, 7-1 MEAC)
• Delaware State rolls into College Park as the top program in the MEAC, most recently sweeping Coppin State in a three-game series this past weekend. The Hornets lost both games in a midweek doubleheader against Virginia on April 9.
• The Hornets boast the best pitching staff in the MEAC, leading the conference with a collective 2.28 ERA (38th nationally). The strong pitching can largely be attributed to the contributions of freshman Tara Tursellino, who is 9-4 with a 1.98 ERA in a relief role.
• The Delaware State lineup features six players batting .300 or better, including team-leader Nicole Gazzola (.389). Jordan Stamps has a team-high 23 RBIs on the season, in addition to five home runs.
• Maryland is a perfect 19-0 all-time against Delaware State in a series that dates back to 2004. The Terps have won four consecutive games against the Hornets by run-rule.
2014 Delaware State Hornets (22-12, 7-1 MEAC) Roster Schedule Statistics
2014 Terps When... Overall 4-30 ACC 3-11 Non-Conference 1-19 Home 1-4 Road 2-9 Neutral 1-17 vs. Right-handed Starter 4-28 vs. Left-handed Starter 0-2 1-Run games 2-5 2-Run games 1-3 5+ Run games 0-15 Day Games 3-26 Night Games 1-4 Extra Innings 0-0 Scoring 0-2 runs 0-17 Scoring 3-5 runs 1-10 Scoring 6-9 runs 2-3 Scoring 10+ runs 1-0 Opponent Scoring 0-2 runs 1-3 Opponent Scoring 3-5 runs 1-6 Opponent Scoring 6-9 runs 1-10 Opponent Scoring 10+ runs 1-11 Scored in first inning 2-5 Opponent scored in first inning 2-18 Scores first 2-5 Opponent scores first 2-25 Made 0 errors 1-9 Made 1 error 2-11 Made 2+ errors 1-10 Opponent made 0 errors 1-8 Opponent made 1 error 0-12 Opponent made 2+ errors 3-10 Out-hit opponent 2-4 Out-hit by opponent 1-24 Hits are tied 1-2
Support the Terps
• Follow Maryland softball on Twitter! Check out https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball!
• Email Straight To You: If you would like the latest Maryland softball news emailed directly to you as soon as it breaks, email softball contact Sean Ellenby with "Softball E-Mail" as the subject and you will receive every update.
• Terps on the Web: For up-to-date game stories, statistics, schedules and results, and other Maryland athletic department information, please log-on to www.umterps.com on the Internet.
• GameTracker: Follow Terps games live in 2014 on your computer with GameTracker. Links for all games that will be available can be found at www.umterps.com.
Terps Host Delaware State for Doubleheader Tuesday