- Maryland returns to the friendly confines of the Maryland Softball Stadium this weekend as it welcomes NC State for a three-game series. For live updates, log on to https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball. Live stats are available here.
TerpsTV will also be available for Sunday's game! Click here to access the live stream.
March 29 1:00 p.m. vs. NC State (Alumni Tailgate) March 29 3:00 p.m. vs. NC State (Good Neighbor Day-Food Drive) March 30 1:00 p.m. vs. NC State (Girl Scout Day/Kids Run the Bases)
Scouting The Terps
• Maryland is looking to build on a positive offensive weekend at North Carolina, where it scored 20 runs in three games (6.7 runs/g). It had previously averaged 2.7 runs/g in the first 22 games of the season.
2014 Maryland Terrapins: 2-24, 1-5 ACC Roster Schedule
• The Terrapins picked up their first conference victory of the season in dramatic fashion last weekend, when it completed an incredible comeback to defeat North Carolina, 12-11. Trailing by as many as four runs, Shannon Bustillos capped off the comeback with a go-ahead two-run homer in the top of the seventh to seal the victory.
• After struggling in non-conference play with a .200 batting average, senior Candice Beards has found her groove through six games of conference action. Beards is batting .524 in ACC play with 11 hits, four doubles, seven RBIs and three runs scored.
• Head coach Laura Watten is just seven wins away from the 600-win plateau for her career.
Scouting NC State
• The Wolfpack have won five of their last six games since being swept by No. 11 Florida State two weekends ago. NC State most recently defeated Elon, 13-5, Wednesday night in five innings.
• NC State is led offensively by Renada Davis, who is batting a team-best .348 with 21 runs, 19 RBIs, nine home runs and six doubles. Molly Hutchison leads the team with 26 RBIs on seven home runs.
• 2013 ACC Pitcher of the Year Emily Weiman has started 23-of-30 games in the circle for the 'Pack, notching 149 strikeouts with a formidable 2.14 ERA. Opponents are hitting just .224 off Weiman.
• Maryland is 16-13 all-time against the Wolfpack despite droppoing 2-of-3 games in last year's three-game series.
2014 NC State Wolfpack (20-10, 10-4 ACC) Roster Schedule Statistics
2014 Terps When... Overall 2-24 ACC 1-5 Non-Conference 1-19 Home 0-3 Road 1-4 Neutral 1-17 vs. Right-handed Starter 2-22 vs. Left-handed Starter 0-2 1-Run games 1-5 2-Run games 0-1 5+ Run games 0-11 Day Games 2-20 Night Games 0-4 Extra Innings 0-0 Scoring 0-2 runs 0-14 Scoring 3-5 runs 0-8 Scoring 6-9 runs 1-2 Scoring 10+ runs 1-0 Opponent Scoring 0-2 runs 0-3 Opponent Scoring 3-5 runs 1-5 Opponent Scoring 6-9 runs 0-7 Opponent Scoring 10+ runs 1-9 Scored in first inning 1-3 Opponent scored in first inning 1-14 Scores first 1-3 Opponent scores first 1-21 Made 0 errors 0-7 Made 1 error 1-10 Made 2+ errors 1-7 Opponent made 0 errors 0-4 Opponent made 1 error 0-11 Opponent made 2+ errors 2-9 Out-hit opponent 1-4 Out-hit by opponent 0-18 Hits are tied 1-2
Support the Terps
• Follow Maryland softball on Twitter! Check out https://twitter.com/#!/TerpsSoftball!
• Email Straight To You: If you would like the latest Maryland softball news emailed directly to you as soon as it breaks, email softball contact Sean Ellenby with "Softball E-Mail" as the subject and you will receive every update.
• Terps on the Web: For up-to-date game stories, statistics, schedules and results, and other Maryland athletic department information, please log-on to www.umterps.com on the Internet.
• GameTracker: Follow Terps games live in 2014 on your computer with GameTracker. Links for all games that will be available can be found at www.umterps.com.
Terps Host NC State for Weekend ACC Series