COLLEGE PARK, Md. -
Maryland (11-6) vs. Delaware (9-8)
Tues., March 18 (6:30 p.m.)
Probable Pitching Matchup
MD - Jr. RHP Bobby Ruse (0-0, 5.00 ERA) vs. UD - Fr. LHP Kevin Milley (0-0, 2.25 ERA)
Maryland (11-6) vs. UMBC (3-8)
Wed., March 19 (Noon)
Probable Pitching Matchup
MD - So. LHP Jake Drossner (1-0, 4.66 ERA) vs. UMBC - Sr. RHP Stephen Chrzanowski (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
- Maryland concludes its two-game season series with Delaware Tuesday and has its lone meeting with UMBC Wednesday. Both games will be played at Hartford Community College due to poor field conditions caused by inclement weather at each school's respective home sites.
- The Terps defeated the Blue Hens in College Park last week (March 11) by a score of 10-1. Maryland has posted a 9-2 record in non-conference action this season and has won eight straight against non-conference opponents. The Terps are averaging 6.6 runs per game in those eight contests and have posted a 1.48 ERA.
- During the streak, shortstop Blake Schmit leads the team in hitting (.407) and is slugging a team-best .593. Centerfielder Charlie White has seven RBI, to lead the club during the span.
- Meanwhile, the pitching staff is averaging 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings in the eight contests and is holding opponents to a .144 batting average.
- Junior righty Bobby Ruse is scheduled to make his first career start on Tuesday against the Blue Hens. Ruse has made 31 career appearances all in relief, seven this season. Ruse has a 3-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio this season with opponents hitting .250 against him.
- Sophomore lefty Jake Drossner is scheduled to make his third midweek start of the year against UMBC on Wednesday. Last time out against Delaware on March 11, Drossner allowed one run on four hits over four innings with five strikeouts against the Blue Hens. On the season, Drossner has been tough on right-handed hitters holding them to a .192 batting average.
- Heading into its two midweek contests, Maryland is led offensively by Anthony Papio and Charlie White. Papio leads the club in hitting (.313) and OBP (.443), while White is tied for the team lead in RBI (10).
- With its victory on March 11, Maryland now leads the all-time series against Delaware, 15-10-1.
- Maryland has won four of the last five meetings against Delaware. The Terps and Blue Hens did not meet last season. In 2012, the two squads split two midweek games with each team winning on its home field after the Terps won both contests in 2011.
- Maryland is 34-13-1 all-time against the Retrievers of UMBC. Maryland has won seven straight in the series, but the two teams have not played since 2010.