COLLEGE PARK, Md. -
Massachusetts (0-3, 0-0 A-10) at Maryland (5-2, 0-0 ACC)
Sat., Feb. 15 (1 p.m. & 4:30 p.m.) | Sun., Feb. 16 (1 p.m.)
Probable Pitching Matchups
Game 1 (Saturday), 1 p.m.: Sr. RHP Jake Stinnett (1-1, 2.08 ERA) vs. Jr. LHP Conor LeBlanc (0-1, 2.84 ERA)
Game 2 (Saturday), 4:30 p.m.: Fr. RHP Mike Shawaryn (2-0, 0.77 ERA) vs. Fr. RHP Ryan Moloney (0-1, 2.25 ERA)
Game 3 (Sunday), 1 p.m.: So. RHP Jared Price (1-1, 7.04 ERA) vs. Fr. RHP Mike Geannelis (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
MARYLAND CLOSES WEEKEND NON-CONFERENCE ACTION WITH UMASS
Following a 13-6 win over James Madison on Tuesday, the Terps look to extend their four-game winning streak when then welcome Massachusetts to Bob “Turtle” Smith Stadium for a three-game series. Saturday will feature a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m. The series concludes on Sunday with a 1 p.m. contest.
- Maryland has won four consecutive games entering play this weekend including the Terps’ 13-6 win over James Madison on Tuesday in Harrisonburg.
- This weekend will be the first meeting between Maryland and UMass since the two squads met in College Park for a two-game series on March 26-27, 1971. Maryland won game one 3-0 and UMass won game two, 3-1.
- On Tuesday at JMU, Maryland reached seasons highs in runs (13) and hits (14). The Terps had eight extra-base hits, which is the most since the team had 10 in game one of a doubleheader against Oakland last season (Feb. 22, 2013).
- Against the Dukes, centerfielder Charlie White became Maryland’s all-time leading base stealer. White stole career base No. 63 and No. 64 at JMU passing Larry Long and Alfredo Rodriguez (62) for the most in program history.
- Shortstop Blake Schmit had a career night against JMU. Schmit posted career bests in hits (4), doubles (3) and stolen bases (2).
- Right-handed senior Jake Stinnett became the first Terrapin to win ACC weekly honors on Monday after being named conference pitcher of the week. Stinnett pitched eight innings of one-hit baseball and struck out a career-best 11 in the Terps’ 3-0 win over Bryant in game one of a doubleheader on Saturday.
- Kevin Mooney picked up his second save of the season in game two of Maryland’s doubleheader against Bryant. Mooney has 11 career saves, which ranks third among active pitchers in the ACC.
- Maryland scored two runs in the first inning against JMU. The Terps have scored nine runs in their first at-bat so far this season, the highest total of any other inning.
- In game two at Florida, Mike Shawaryn became the first freshman pitcher to start on opening weekend since Brady Kirkpatrick started the second game of a doubleheader at Texas on Feb. 20, 2011. Shawaryn was only the fourth freshman since 2005 to start on opening weekend for the Terps and of the group of four is the only hurler to earn a victory.
MARYLAND VS. CANCER
Starting this week, the Maryland baseball began its annual fundraiser to raise money for the Vs. Cancer Foundation. Maryland's goal is $10,000. To help the Terps reach their goal, visit maryland.vs.-cancer.org.