November 15, 2013
College Park, Md. (Comcast Center)
No. 1/1 Connecticut 72, No. 8/7 Maryland 55
- Maryland is now 0-3 all-time vs. Connecticut. In the first meeting last December, Maryland fell 63-47 at the XL Center in Hartford in their first game without guard Laurin Mincy. They met again in the Sweet Sixteen in March. Maryland fell 76-50 in Bridgeport, Conn. This is the Huskies’ first-ever trip to College Park.
- Alyssa Thomas recorded a double-double at the half with 14 points and 10 rebounds. She started the half on 3-3 shooting and shot 6-11 in the period. Her 10 rebounds were all defensive. This marks her second double-double of the season, and 41st of her career.
- Thomas finished with 20 points and 14 rebounds. These are season-high marks for both.
- Maryland outrebounded UConn 22-15 in the first half. UConn only recorded two offensive rebounds in the period.
- Maryland’s bench had 10 points in the first half, UConn only recorded two. Maryland outscored UConn off the bench 12-9 in the game.
- Katie Rutan finished with season-high 11 points on 4-6 shooting. She was 3-5 beyond the arc.