Jan. 14, 2002
FACING THE MIDS
* Head Coach John McHugh will take his undefeated Maryland wrestling team (3-0, 0-0 ACC) to Annapolis Wednesday for a 7 p.m. match against the U.S. Naval Academy (5-4). The match will be the fourth dual meet for the Terps who won all three meets at the East Stroudsburg Warrior Duals this past Saturday.
* Maryland has struggled against the Midshipmen in recent years, including last season's 27-13 loss in College Park.
* Navy heads into Wednesday's dual meet with the Terps, coming off an impressive 19-16 victory over a powerful Rutgers squad this past weekend.
* Brandon York (Gaithersburg, Md.) enters the Navy meet on a hot streak. The senior is sporting a 13-match win streak dating back to December 28th. The Wilkes Open and Millersville Invitational champion is 2-0 against Navy wrestlers in his Maryland career. York leads the Terps in victories with a 25-4 mark this season at 141-pounds after winning three ACC championships at 133-pounds.
TERPS CLAIM THREE VICTORIES AT WARRIOR DUALS
* The Terrapins won their first three dual meets of the season Saturday at the Warrior Duals in East Stroudsburg. They beat VMI, 22-13, Binghamton, 25-12, and James Madison, 33-7.
* Maryland was the only school in the six-team meet to win all of their matches. Coach McHugh's squad saw five wrestlers win all three of their matches on Saturday.
* Junior Jake Stork (Mohrsville, Pa.) notched two more pins on Saturday to give him a team-high 13 falls on the year, eclipsing his mark of 12 he earned all of last season. The 13 pins also ties a career-high for Stork set his freshman year.