Tailgating is an important part of the game day experience for you, the fan. University of Maryland Athletics is committed to creating a fan-friendly environment that is safe for all to enjoy. You, as fans, play an important role. For your safety and the enjoyment of all, we ask that you please help by observing these tailgating guidelines.
- No in-and-out privileges for vehicles.
- Roadways, aisles, and parking areas must be kept clear of tailgating equipment so vehicles and emergency personnel may park or pass through.
- Guests must tailgate in front of or behind their vehicle only or in landscaped areas.
- Vehicle tailgates should not interfere with the flow of traffic.
- No open flames permitted in any tailgate or parking area.
- Charcoal grills are permitted in most tailgate areas (Grills are NOT allowed in parking garages).
- Plan ahead. Pack food, water, and other non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy prior to the game. Focus on camaraderie and share your Terp spirit with family and friends.
- Please clean up your tailgating area before entering the game
- Drop locations will be available with bags
- Please help us
onour Zero Waste efforts and recycle when possible.
- No consumption of alcohol in tailgating areas after kick-off.
- All alcohol must be consumed prior to entry into the stadium. Alcohol consumption is NOT ALLOWED while in line at entry gates.
- No underage drinking.
- No drinking games or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia (for
example:no beer bong funnels or beer pong).
- No music with inappropriate language
- No amplified music
- Lot 11B is the main RV parking lot, which is located near Xfinity.
- The cost is $150 for Friday evening admission and $75 for
dayof game admission. The lot will open at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night, but is available to prepaid customers only at that time. The lot will reopen 6 hours prior to game time on Saturday for on-site purchase.
- The lot closes at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.
- All spaces other than pre-paid are on first come first served basis.
- All tailgating is restricted to the game day tailgating guidelines and cannot occur until all parking lots are open, which is 6 hours prior to game time.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PARTY AND A TAILGATE
- The Department of Public Safety differentiates between a “tailgate” and a “party” and a party may be disbanded and attendees removed from the lots.
- A tailgate has a variety of food and beverages, including non-alcoholic beverages, available in sufficient quantities for the number of people attending.
- A party has some of the following characteristics:
- Common containers such as kegs, party balls, large containers of mixed drinks, beer tubs, trash cans of beer
- Loud music
- Drinking games
- Underage drinkers
- Lack of food
- Large or excessive quantities of alcohol
- Large numbers of people
- Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional or marketing activities is prohibited.
- Please be respectful to fans around you, other vehicles, and campus property.
- There are two permanent fan assistance locations near the XFINITY Center parking locations and one permanent location in Lot 1 near Ludwig Field at Kehoe track.
- If you need assistance in a non-emergency situation or observe a potential problem, please call 301-314-7126. In an emergency, please contact campus police at 301-405-3555.